cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone apply for the Merrill Lynch Visa with 50,000 point ($500 cash) bonus that's going on now?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone apply for the Merrill Lynch Visa with 50,000 point ($500 cash) bonus that's going on now?

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I'm going to convert my BofA Cash Rewards card for this one. I have two of the Cash Rewards cards. Will probably forego the signon bonus. We can still apply for another new card if we like to. I'll give BA a call.

highly doubt they will allow a PC to a co-branded card.  

Message 11 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone apply for the Merrill Lynch Visa with 50,000 point ($500 cash) bonus that's going on now?

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I'm going to convert my BofA Cash Rewards card for this one. I have two of the Cash Rewards cards. Will probably forego the signon bonus. We can still apply for another new card if we like to. I'll give BA a call.

Please report back if BoFA will allow you to do that!

Message 12 of 153
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Can't convert a cash rewards card to travel card.

Apply for a new one then. Just not now. This card has been up for quite some time. It was mainly for Merrill Lynch clients.

Message 13 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader

So the card was only for ML clients and now that have opened it up to the masses is that what is the story with this card?
Message 14 of 153
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Not sure. I've seen this card for some time. Had no interest with its reward program. I may check back in 6 months and I think this card and the bonus should still be around.

Message 15 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card rewards suck, but the card design is bad a$s and only reason I'm even entertaining applying is the $500 cashback and then in a year close it.
Message 16 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it's confirmed that you can't PC from cash rewards to this?
Message 17 of 153
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
So it's confirmed that you can't PC from cash rewards to this?

No you CANNOT do this.  

Message 18 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

highly doubt they will allow a PC to a co-branded card.  

CC is correct that BoA will not allow you to PC their regular cards to any of their co-branded cards - I have received confirmation of this directly from BoA multiple times when I asked.

It relates to their partner agreements with their partner cards - this is what I was told several different times.

Message 19 of 153
trant3
Established Contributor

Not a bad card, sign up bonus is enticing and comes with numerous benefits.

https://card.ml.com/cms/published/root/rps/pdf/MerrillPlus2016Guide_470072PM_030116_compressed.pdf

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 20 of 153
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.