Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire

Sorry if this is a re-post of old info. 

During my last recon call with chase to get my sapphire card approved I have an interesting conversation with the CSR.

I was ultimately denied for the card, but he did let me know that sapphire card has a minimum credit limit of $5,000. 

I was told if I had an account that at least got close to the 5k he would be able to do it, but for right now I should apply for a different card.

Anyone planning on applying for sapphire make sure you have a card that comes close to a 5k limit otherwise your probably wasting an inquiry.

Anyone else have any knowledge on other cards that may carry a  high CL minimum?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone applying for Chase Sapphire

when i applied the reason why i had to recon i got 5k but they where worried about my ulti on my 5k boa visa sig but he approved it anyways that one card was at 50%

Message 2 of 6
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Are you sure It wasn't the signature version. When I PCd to the freedom card the CSR initially declined saying it required 5k CL. My credit with them was good for the soggy but the CL wasn't and I wasn't taking a hard to increase it. In the end they converted to the regular freedom. Call back and make sure that is the minimum and they werent trying for the signature version.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was sapphire preferred. Not sure if the same limit applies to the regular sapphire card.

Message 4 of 6
TM82
Regular Contributor

The minimum CL for the Presidential Plus is $7,000.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 5 of 6
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

i just called to recon my chase sapphire preffered application and they also told me that the minimum cl for chase sapphire is $5k and i only have $2,400 in credit with them now and they said even if they converted my freedom and amazon card they wouldnt be able to extend the other $2,600

amazon
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.