cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone approved Amex with Bankruptcy still reporting?

tag
ntx
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone approved Amex with Bankruptcy still reporting?

I was approved for Amex Gold in 10/12. They denied me for Zync in 08/12.

BK7 in 04/05. No baddies since, but thin file up until 08/12.

EX at the time was around 680. 

The thing is, I had burned them back in the mid-80's, but they still show me as a cardmember since 1984.

Income $36K.

Message 11 of 16
ChanelCinq
New Visitor

@rudy0720 wrote:

Sal, I am 9 years old of a Chapter 7 which included Amex I was turned down a few months ago but analyst said i would probably be approved after BK falls off in 2014

Rudy don't count on it.  I included an Amex card from a BK from the year 2000.  I applied for a Starwood AMex card and was rejected on the spot and the reason stated was BK even though it fell off.  I then applied for a Citibank Hilton Visa and was accepted on the spot.  The funny thing is that my BK from 2000 included an AA Citibank card.  I am not sure if I will ever be able to get an AMEX again, ever.  ANyone know?

Message 12 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ChanelCinq

Welcome to the forum! Looks like this post was over a year ago but to your question Amex has a loooooonnnnng memory. If you owe them money it's best not to get your hopes up until you've paid them back. Others have been approved with Amex if the bk is at least +8 yrs . Rare to be approved with an outstanding debt.
Message 13 of 16
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@sal2009 wrote:

Hi all....

Have any of you (ARE ANY OF YOU OUT THERE?) been approved for an AMEX with a bankruptcy still reporting?   I've had reasonable luck getting cards from chase (THANK YOU!) via their reconsideration lines.  Can I do this with Amex and get a card?  I'm looking for the SPG card and Premier Rewards.....Tell me your experiences, advice and success stories if they are out there.  THANKS!

I'm a physician making over $300000/yr with a credit score of approximately 700-715 on alll 3 agencies.

I had a Ch 7 bankruptcy approximately 7 yrs ago and an Amex account was on it.  

I currently have:

$130,000 college/med school loans never late making payments.

BMW lease 3 yr completed - $28,000 (after bankruptcy)

BMW lease newly started couple months ago - $710/month (after bankruptcy)

BMW credit card - $10,000CL (obtained after bank)

Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000CL (obtained after bankruptcy)

Chase Freedom - $5000CL (after bank)

Chase Slate - $1700CL (before bankruptcy)

Capital One - $2500 (before bank)

Barclays US Airways Platinum Mastercard - $4000 (after bank)

GE Sleepys - $5000 (after bank)

GE Sony Finan - $3500 (after bank)

GE Care Credit - $5000 (after bank)

I also have Bloomingdales and Amazon accounts.

I'm afraid it will always be a YMMV situation concerning AmEx.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 14 of 16
shawn

Yes it is possible. I have a 7.5 year old chap 7 bankruptcy and was just approved for a 10K AMEX Blue cash prefered. When I applied online I got an instant denial with only bankruptcy as a reason code. I then called the new application number and asked the CSR to send my report in for a manual review/5 days later it was approved. Oh also I make 106K per year and at the time I had a 790 experian fico, 2% utilization, and no credit inquiries in the last 2 years. Best of luck.
Current Cards/Limits-AMEX Blue cash preferred-30K, NFCU Platinum-39K, USAA AMEX-16K, New England Federal Credit Union-15K, Vermont Federal Credit Union-15K, Military Star card-8.5K, Macy's-2K. Current FICO'S- Experian-821, Transunion-824, Equifax-831
Message 15 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

At Shawn... Wow congrats!!!Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.