cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone approved for VENTURE with HIGH Inquiries ?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone approved for VENTURE with HIGH Inquiries ?

13.24% for the Venture card, 12.24% for the Venture One and 13.24% for the QuickSilver. 

I've been in the garden to get all of my inquires down to zero but... this is tempting. I'd probably only lose a couple of points for one inquiry on each, AAoA would go down a little (they are all in the 3.4-3.6 years range) but I'd gain one more card that should start with a healthy limit. The important thing to me is getting total avaialble credit in the $65K-$70K range. That would allow me to take advange of no interest offers of up to $5K and have my monthly spending report without having my utilization go above 9%.  And then that card would grow. Plus I'd have a free flight Smiley Happy 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 21 of 55
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Sounds like you're trying to talk yourself in to it masscredit. Lol
Just do it! I'll take the free flight if you don't want it. :-)
If you're going to triple pull..get two cards at least.
Message 22 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 62 INQs on EQ and 23 on EX and was approved for $18K. Not Inquiries sensitive at all in my opinion. Good luck!

Message 23 of 55
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
Sounds like you're trying to talk yourself in to it masscredit. Lol
Just do it! I'll take the free flight if you don't want it. :-)
If you're going to triple pull..get two cards at least.

I kind of am Smiley Happy 

Two cards?  Would that be two seperate pulls? Actually, a total of 2 times 3? 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 24 of 55
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Nope...normally its a single 3 pull. I had TU show a double. The next day it disappeared. The CB combined them.
Message 25 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mass credit you're killing us with suspense. DO ITTTTT LOL. may the force be with you
Message 26 of 55
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
Nope...normally its a single 3 pull. I had TU show a double. The next day it disappeared. The CB combined them.

I wasn't aware of this. So, to make sure I have it straight. It will be a single 3 pull if we apply for multiple Cap 1 cards, I'm going to presume that's if it's done in a short amount of time?  Does it always work like this or is it just for some people?  That's like a bonus offer that would make the 3 pull worth it. 

I like to throughly research things before I make a move on them. Cars, credit, electronics, women ect... Want to make sure I understand what I'm getting into. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 27 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol smart man. Yes it is a one time deal. One pull each bureau. Sometimes you only get two pulls actually ! I'd spin the wheel my friend. I'm betting on a 15-20k CL.
Message 28 of 55
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I wasn't aware of this. So, to make sure I have it straight. It will be a single 3 pull if we apply for multiple Cap 1 cards, I'm going to presume that's if it's done in a short amount of time?  Does it always work like this or is it just for some people?  That's like a bonus offer that would make the 3 pull worth it. 

I like to throughly research things before I make a move on them. Cars, credit, electronics, women ect... Want to make sure I understand what I'm getting into. 

Exactly. Just last week apped for DW for Cap One Platinum and QS1 one after the other and all 3 bureaus were one pull. You just dont want to do it too late at night assuming they may be in Eastern Time zone, so you want to do it before midnight ET to make sure both inquiries go on the same day. Otherwise you MAY get hit with 2 inq's.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 29 of 55
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Good to know!  I'll defintely go for a Venture if I do this. Everyone seems to have a good starting CL with that card. The next decision is, what should the second card be? Another Venture and hope for a second high starting limit or make it a Quicksilver? I doubt I'll run $6K though 2 cards in 3 month so I won't get rewards miles but the credit limit is more important.  A QS probably won't start off with as high of a limit.

It's getting close to midnight so better to wait until tomorrow. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.