cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone approved for VENTURE with HIGH Inquiries ?

tag
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone approved for VENTURE with HIGH Inquiries ?

Just google'd and Cap One uses Eastern Time zone. So you should be good to go since they are already on tomorrow's date. And as for the second card, QS will not give you the high SL like Venture. Venture seems to be giving out some good SL's lately. So if SL is the main concern, maybe another Venture? We need to ask the Cap One pros as i am not very familiar with how many of the same card you can apply for from Cap One, especially at the same time.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 31 of 55
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yes I'd hit Venture then QS. You can combine down the road. I used plastiq to finish my spend bonus on the latest Venture. Could have dragged it out. But decided to knock it out in a month. Cost me $7 for $460. So no real loss.
Message 32 of 55
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I'm still trying to combine my current Cap 1 cards. No luck doing it online and I don't get anywhere if I call.   The Venture and QS will probably be my best bet. So I'd get -

Venture - Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase. Plus, earn 40,000 bonus miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months*.

Quicksilver - Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, plus a one-time $100 bonus once you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months*

Would be nice if I could combine cards later. Don't want to have to pay the $59 AF on the Venture. 

Thanks for mentioning Plastiq. Didn't know about that. Will save the site in case I ever need it.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 33 of 55
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Okay, I'm trying to learn from past experiences and be responsible with my credit so I'm throughly analying what new accounts will do to my scores before I spin a few wheels. If the AAoA listed at myFICO is correct, my EQ is 7.4 years, TU is 5.2 and EX is 5.5. There are 28-32 accounts listed so I don't think a new one (or three) would drag it down much. I mentioned three. This is where some restraint is needed. It's very temping to apply for a new account (Venture) that is pretty much a sure thing and should provide a decent starting credit limit. Then I find that I can follow up with a second app to Cap 1 and it should fall under the same inquiry. That's a whole bushel of carrots hanging there to tempt me. And then I figure if I'm going to do all of that, jI should also apply for a Lowes card then be done with it for a very long time. I'm guessing I'd gain close to $30K from all of that (hoping they at least start at $12K for the Venture, $6K for the QS and $12K for Lowes). 

Do I need the addional credit? No. I can drop my utilization down to 1% if I want to but it's nice to be able to take advantage of some special offers without losing any points (interest free money is great!). My current cards can CLI their way to my credit goal by the end of the year. Just need to keep watering the garden. But... there are also some benefits to getting these cards too. Plus maybe someday Cap1 will figure out why myself and others can't combine our cards. Then I could have a very healthy credit limit on one card. 

OP - sorry to get a little off topic. Maybe this info will help others look at new apps differently. 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 34 of 55
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Your AAoA is much longer than mine. From what you've described. Those accounts won't put much of a dent in your score if any, it will be temporary. I'd guess 20k just on Venture alone with your prequal APR.

Message 35 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. I say go for it !!!!! Woooooooooo.
Message 36 of 55
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I did the math and don't see that a new account (or 2-3) will hurt my AAoA much. I'll just lose a few months. If I'm going to apply for new accounts, I should probably do it soon. I have a bunch of closed accounts that will start falling off in 2-4 years.  The good thing about taking on a few more accounts now is they will have a few years to age before the others fall off. Those combined with current accounts will keep my AAoA over 60 months. All of my accounts should grow to a total of over $100K in 12-18 months.  I have a few tax liens that are keeping me from applying for a mortgage in the near future so a few inquiries won't hurt. They will only ding my score until the beginning of next year. I'm really leaning towards doing it. I started a seperate thread to see if anyone else can chime in about the 1HP x 3 after applying for 2 Cap 1 cards.  If I'm going to take a few inquires, I'm going to do a mini-spree.  2 Cap 1 cards, Lowes and maybe replace my Target card that was canceled because of my lack of keeping on top of things. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 37 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg. Just do it. I get your preparedness but come on. Lol. You've got this covered. Enjoy the benefits
Message 38 of 55
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Ok, ok... I did it... twice Smiley Happy 

Both were approved. Venture - $15K (my highest limit) and Quicksilver - $10K. Two more Cap 1 cards to grow Smiley Happy 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 39 of 55
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on both approvals!

Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.