cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone approved for a Citi card with 60 day+ late?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone approved for a Citi card with 60 day+ late?

I read in another thread in a different section that someone thought Citi won't approve anyone that's got a 60+ day late on their file.  Any truth to this?  If anyone with 60+ day lates HAS been approved for a Citi card would you mind sharing how many late payment derogs you had, how recent they were and what severity they were?  Thank you.

I was considering applying for the DC card as most seem pretty happy with it, but aside from a pretty decent file otherwise I do have a handful of late payments on my credit reports and some are over 60+ days.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone approved for a Citi card with 60 day+ late?

They made that statement based on their singular experience of being denied with that cited as the reason for the denial. There is no doubt that plenty of people have been approved with a 60 day late reporting. But, it probably needs to have some age to it and the rest of the profile needs to be strong..

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for my DC in January with a foreclosure from 1/12. I also had a 60 day and 30 day late both were about 2 years 5 months old at the time of approval.
Message 3 of 11
George528
Contributor

Just approved yesterday  and I  definitely have more than 1 60 day late. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was approved for my DC in January with a foreclosure from 1/12. I also had a 60 day and 30 day late both were about 2 years 5 months old at the time of approval.

Thank you for that data point.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@George528 wrote:

Just approved yesterday  and I  definitely have more than 1 60 day late. 

Would you mind sharing a bit about your profile?  Whatever you're comfortable with.  It would be nice to know how many lates you had, what severity of the lates and approximately how old they were.  Putting that topic to the side, how does the rest of your profile look in terms of utilization, AAoA, inquiries, etc and do you know what your FICO scores were of the bureau(s) that Citi pulled?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not so much the only being 60 days late but just a mixture of things. Creditors legally HAVE to cite why they deny and they don't have to go into much detail. Also they're more interested in new accounts, inquiries AND payment history. Not just one
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for a Citi Double Cash with twelve 180+ late student loan payments on my report, so I'm going to say that what you heard is a pernicious myth.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loans aren't really looked at the same, though.
Message 9 of 11
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

I have three Citi cards and have some lates. I had a 30 day late on my Kohl's card from 01/2012 and a 120 day late on a joint NFCU CC from 07/2013. I was approved for my Citi AA for $5k and Citi Simplicity in 03/15. I also just got the Citi DC yesterday. YMMV... good luck! 

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.