Did you mean: 

Anyone approved for the CB Costco VISA with a BK reporting

tag
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone approved for the CB Costco VISA with a BK reporting

@Anonymous wrote:

@morgacj2004 wrote:

Just curious if anyone has been approved for this card with a BK showing. Trying to save myself a HP!   My BK was discharged Nov 2012. I have a CITI secured card and a Sears card (backed by CB).  CITI was not IIB.

I was wondering about the same thing! My BK was discharged in June 2012 with Citi included in BK! Any feedback?

Designer,  if you included Citi in a BK.  The chances are that you will never be approved for a citibank card.  You might get a retail division,  which is handle by the citigroup division.  I had them in a chp. 13 bk around 1990.  I applied for a  citi card a couple of years ago and denied to the fact that I included them in a bk.  I've heard that some people have gotten back in with them, but its rare.  I have a citi costco card,  only because I had the Amex version and citi bought the entire portfolio.

Message 41 of 89
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@ways2go wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@morgacj2004 wrote:

Just curious if anyone has been approved for this card with a BK showing. Trying to save myself a HP!   My BK was discharged Nov 2012. I have a CITI secured card and a Sears card (backed by CB).  CITI was not IIB.

I was wondering about the same thing! My BK was discharged in June 2012 with Citi included in BK! Any feedback?

Designer,  if you included Citi in a BK.  The chances are that you will never be approved for a citibank card.  You might get a retail division,  which is handle by the citigroup division.  I had them in a chp. 13 bk around 1990.  I applied for a  citi card a couple of years ago and denied to the fact that I included them in a bk.  I've heard that some people have gotten back in with them, but its rare.  I have a citi costco card,  only because I had the Amex version and citi bought the entire portfolio.

This is YMMV.

I included a Citi card in a chapter 7 bankruptcy back in 2000, and I was approved for a Diamond Preferred card just last month.  I had not tried to get a card with them before, so I'm not sure exactly when I was "clear" to be approved (perhaps I would have been approved earlier).  FWIW, I applied with no baddies and with an EX of 765 and an EQ of 747, with four inquiries on each bureau.  For the Diamond Preferred they pulled both bureaus, although they only referenced my EQ score on the letter that came with the card.

The approval did take a couple of weeks, and I was eventually asked via email to call in for verification.  The CSR approved me after just a few minutes and the bankruptcy from 16 years ago never came up.  I'm not sure if that was the reason for the delay or not, but in any case I was approved.

Message 42 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountryLivin wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone's been approved with more then 6 inq in last 6 months!! Really want my DW to get this card but she has 9 inq and I don't want her to waste a HP

I was approved with a SL of $2000. I don't know which bureau they pulled yet, but I had 24 Inquiries on TU and 20 on EX. My score is 653  on TU and EX. I have no baddies or late pays.

So far, I think I have been one of the lowest SL on all of the approvals I have seen.

Congrats on your approval! How many of your inquiries were in the last 6 months?

I Thought it was 9, but I had 12 new cards in the last 6 months, so it has to be 12....in the past 12 months 23 new cards......I thought it was 19, but one of them in the last 6 months was SCT.

Thanks for the information.

Message 43 of 89
Klesko
Regular Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

BK Dec 2009 and was approved for Citi HHonors and Simplicity about a month ago. I did not IIB any citi cards. EQ was 710 EX 740 time of application. I did have to call in for each one and talk to a UW and explain eveything. 

Congrats on your approvals! What was the SL on your Simplicity?

Citi HHonors was 10k starting CL

Citi Simplicity was 4.9k starting CL

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 44 of 89
Klesko
Regular Contributor

@aussiesareforever wrote:
I had a 750 a few months ago with BK reporting. My score dropped a little below that with 2 new accounts. My transunion has been at 748 for a couple months. No idea what my Equifax is.

Definitely possible to go above 720 with BK reporting!

Can confirm more than possible. My EX was 747 with a 2009 BK reporting but otherwise clean and 10% overall utilization. I went on an app spree and dropped my score to 717 now though. 

I added 

Citi HHonors 10k CL

Citi Simplcity 4.9k CL

Wells Fargo Visa 12k CL

Discover 7.5k CL

Venture 20k CL

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 45 of 89
Klesko
Regular Contributor

@morgacj2004 wrote:

Thanks Pizza!  I almost pulled the trigger today while at Costco.  I used my BofA Cash Rewards and did not apply. Took a lot of will power but better than wasting a HP. 

That is my plan right now, to just use my Bofa cash rewards there. I added 5 new accounts recently so I need to not app for atleast 6-12 months for anything. 

Message 46 of 89
shmacckk
Regular Contributor

BK 2011 and I was just approved for 7500

Ex 712

8 inq last 6 months

I do have a Double Cash with them as well.

Message 47 of 89
Scupra
Super Contributor

@shmacckk wrote:

BK 2011 and I was just approved for 7500

Ex 712

8 inq last 6 months

I do have a Double Cash with them as well.

Chap 7 or 13? Do you mind sharing what month you discharged? This is an approval prior to 7 years Smiley Happy Thank you!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 48 of 89
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Shmacckk, did.you include Citi in BK? And would you please update the Prime card thread in the BK section so that others might be inspired Smiley Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 49 of 89
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Youre BK is only one year older than mine. I am more impressed that you got a Double Cash from them then I am about the Costco Card. !!

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 50 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.