Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone approved for the CB Costco VISA with a BK reporting

tag
shmacckk
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone approved for the CB Costco VISA with a BK reporting

Chapter 7 and it was discharged in April of 2011

I never included Citi in my BK and they actually gave me a Citi Thank You card in 2013 with a starting limit of 8500. I pcd it to the Double Cash card and got on increase to 10k ansd  now they deny me all the time for future cli stating reason is the the Bankruptcy.

Message 51 of 89
shmacckk
Regular Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@shmacckk wrote:

BK 2011 and I was just approved for 7500

Ex 712

8 inq last 6 months

I do have a Double Cash with them as well.

Chap 7 or 13? Do you mind sharing what month you discharged? This is an approval prior to 7 years Smiley Happy Thank you!

Chapter 7 and it was discharged in April of 2011

I never included Citi in my BK and they actually gave me a Citi Thank You card in 2013 with a starting limit of 8500. I pcd it to the Double Cash card and got on increase to 10k ansd  now they deny me all the time for future cli stating reason is the the Bankruptcy.

Message 52 of 89
kcdude503
Established Member

Put me in the "declined" category with a 689 EQ but a BK13 filed in 2010 is probably the issue...discharged 6/2014. It will fall off next year, but I decided to burn an inquiry anyway. i didn't expect it would work...and I was correct. After "careful" consideration (!!!), they will send me a letter explaining why I was declined. Probably with the BK still on there, they got skeered. Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 89
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

@kcdude503 wrote:

Put me in the "declined" category with a 689 EQ but a BK13 filed in 2010 is probably the issue...discharged 6/2014. It will fall off next year, but I decided to burn an inquiry anyway. i didn't expect it would work...and I was correct. After "careful" consideration (!!!), they will send me a letter explaining why I was declined. Probably with the BK still on there, they got skeered. Smiley Happy

Have you tried to recon?  Given your status you may be successful.  Hell, you've already blown the HP, might as well.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 54 of 89
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

So far have only seen 1 member get approved with a BK showing and he already had an open Legacy card.. Does not look like they have relaxed their standard in regards to BK being an auto decline or at least close to that.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 55 of 89
kcdude503
Established Member

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL report...! Smiley Happy

I may be proven wrong within the next 24 hours, but it appears the Citi/Costco decline occurred WITHOUT A HARD PULL. I looked back in my records and they had previously declined me in March 2015 for the BK13, and back then it didn't ever show up as a hard inq...and normally by now, there would be bells and whistles going off everywhere from a hard pull, and it's been super-quiet.

So this is good...so far. Maybe the BK13 shows up in a "pre-screen" and they never even gave it a chance with the hard pull. Which would be FINE by me. A good way to have tested the waters without damage.

I'll let you know if that changes! And I still may recon (when I did it last year, it was a waste of time - they still declined because of the BK13).

Citi's a tough customer. Smiley Sad

Message 56 of 89
drboxing
Established Contributor

I included Discover and Citi in BK-13 2007, was approved 12/2015 with $1500 CL, the same with discover Miles with $1500 limit

Message 57 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woman SurprisedHmmm Pizza1 you are incorrect about being turned down with a BK reporting......I got an INSTANT approval for 7500.00 with a discharged BK from 2011. I have like 21 inquires and 4 new accounts this year as well. Over 185k in revolving credit with only 2% usage. May I suggest you know what you are talking about before you post incorrect data. And yes Citi was included in my BK......Also I have the Best Buy Visa Signature card with a 5k limit that hasn't been open a year yet!

Message 58 of 89
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: The Drug Store (New Contributor) " Hmmm Pizza1 you are incorrect about being turned down with a BK reporting......I got an INSTANT approval for 7500.00 with a discharged BK from 2011. I have like 21 inquires and 4 new accounts this year as well. Over 185k in revolving credit with only 2% usage. May I suggest you know what you are talking about before you post incorrect data. And yes Citi was included in my BK......Also I have the Best Buy Visa Signature card with a 5k limit that hasn't been open a year yet!"

Please lighten up with the negativity. Pizza 1  has been on this forum for quite some time now and was making a general statement that it is extremely rare for CITI to approve anyone with a BK newer than 7yrs esp if IIB.

On a lighter note as the OP I have been keeping an informal count of those with a BK showing who have been approved for this card. You are now the 3rd that I can recall. Correct me if I am wrong.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 59 of 89
UncleB
Credit Mentor

It's fine to disagree, but please remember to be FSR... it's not optional here. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

owl2.jpg

Message 60 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.