Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone at 3 months with Cabela's yet?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Anyone at 3 months with Cabela's yet?

You can ask for CLI every 3 months. I'm eligible after 12-19-08 and I was not the first to get this card, so wondering if anyone has had it long enough and the process they will go through
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone at 3 months with Cabela's yet?

I was not aware of the 3 month thing... did you hear that from a CSR?    I just passed 4 months on the 26th....  I did see there was a luv button...

I have run alot through it and PIF...  I have $77.00 in points... so I guess about $7,000 +/- in four months...  5K CL

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 2 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes when I activated the card I had asked how frequent you could request and then I called today to see if it had been long enough and she told me the 21. yes I have luv button already, but im wondering if they are like bofa, just softs once you have the card or if i should not ask for any specific amount and let them offer something, etc.

I have ran a lot of money through it for me, but I'm working my BofA secured at the same time, so I'm having to share my monthly spending!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a hard pull on EQ anytime you ask for one. I got mine in April and just asked for a CLI of 3k last month and it was approved. They give the message that you will receive something in the mail within a few days. Also an email. They pulled my credit the following day and I checked my online account and saw it had been increased by what I asked. The form for the increase ask the standard questions, how much, why, income, housing, etc.
Message 4 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

no internal reviews?? a hard pull every 3 months could really hurt!

and wonder if how you have handled your account will be accounted for, I dont want someone to close the account or something crazy.

when you asked for 3k, that was at how many months? and what was your current cl?

I kind of wanted to double my $1500 line since that's what they decreased me by when I was first approved.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They granted a 1k CL when I first applied and I have used the card sparingly. I have bought a few things (bullets, lol) from them in the past and put a few small purchases elsewhere and always PIF. My monthly donation to Susan G Komen also goes on this card, so it does see some monthly use.

HHI is not the best so I didn't want to push my luck too much.

It was 7 months since  getting the card that I asked and I had to debate on whether I wanted another hard pull on EQ. I have not seen any softs from them at all on any bureau. Yes, I agree, if asking them for an increase every 3 months could get ugly with the inquiries.

From reading elsewhere, I hear they can be quite generous, assuming the income and reports look good to them. But, in the current climate, I am not sure how true this stands today.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I originally got a $2K CL and they closed my account. The account was open then they closed it, I called up to ask why and they said they need to verify info.. I was on the phone with them, even fax drivers license, SS card.. they ask me why I want the card and all kinda crap. In the end they ended up doing another Hard Pull but still account remained closed. Today I see they deleted the account off my CR but I still have the 2 Inq which I will dispute because I didn't autorized the 2nd pull but I'll dispute both if that stupid Equifax website can ever work.

Message 7 of 15
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They granted a 1k CL when I first applied and I have used the card sparingly. I have bought a few things (bullets, lol) from them in the past and put a few small purchases elsewhere and always PIF. My monthly donation to Susan G Komen also goes on this card, so it does see some monthly use.

HHI is not the best so I didn't want to push my luck too much.

It was 7 months since  getting the card that I asked and I had to debate on whether I wanted another hard pull on EQ. I have not seen any softs from them at all on any bureau. Yes, I agree, if asking them for an increase every 3 months could get ugly with the inquiries.

From reading elsewhere, I hear they can be quite generous, assuming the income and reports look good to them. But, in the current climate, I am not sure how true this stands today.

They also gave me $1k initially (when my llbean was over 15k Smiley Happy  - and I also used it sparingly (bought some stuff, but not big $$).

I broke down and asked for a cli - hard EQ pull as expected - CLI to $7k.

This was in the last month or so.  FICOs all mid 700s

Good luck!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my card this week, after applying and being approved (the first time) at the beginning of October. I ended up having to re-verify my ID three times. Every time I called, they said I could order without having my card number, something I wasn't crazy about. By the time I got my card, most of my Christmas shopping was already done, so my card is still chaste and likely to stay that way. And I have the luv button, Like my card, it also is unused. A friend's family owns Nosler, I finally told them he recommended I get the card. They seem to be cautious about applications referred from credit repair sites (as per the cs I talked to). That's why they were reviewing and reducing initial cl's. At least I finally got it in time for ice fishing season. 
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This should enlighten you.

http://www.ibanknet.com/scripts/callreports/getbank.aspx?ibnid=usa_2931603

This is not a very large bank and when they get a huge amount of applications coming from all over the country in a short period of time, it is sure to raise some eyebrows and questions will be asked. (And CL's chopped or closed)

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.