cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone been getting auto CLIs from Wal Mart?

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone been getting auto CLIs from Wal Mart?

@money_talks wrote:

I hit the luv button online and I was declined. I called credit solution 2x and both declined. The 2nd time I called was for a lower amount than the 1st time. No counter offers on either.

I asked the CSR if this was a soft pull or hard pull and the CSR said it was a soft pull.

Has anyone ever heard of someone getting a hard pull for a CLI? I'm thinking it could happen if the CSR accidentally submits a hard pull instead of soft pull.

You know, I have never been countered by credit solutions either. It has either been completely denied or approved. I have hit the love button, received a small cli, then called credit solutions and asked for more, and been approved.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 11 of 28
money_talks
Frequent Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:
You know, I have never been countered by credit solutions either. It has either been completely denied or approved. I have hit the love button, received a small cli, then called credit solutions and asked for more, and been approved.

Good to know that. I was on the phone and wondering why they couldn't even give me a couple hundred dollars CLI. They just kept saying your limit is all we can give you over and over.

I'm not sure I want to keep trying for a CLI. While it is a SP, there have to be some bad things that can come out of asking repeatedly. Like I said, maybe the CSR processes a HP by accident (this might be a hassle to reverse). Wally also probably keeps record of how many CLI requests you ask for.

Message 12 of 28
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

There will always be someone who will run a good thing into the ground and ruin it for everyone.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 13 of 28
baller4life
Super Contributor

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to approvals. I'm convinced there's some sort of cli quota each day and once that is hit everyone else gets denied regardless of how profile has improved. All the analyst does is input your data and computer decides. They can't override.
Message 14 of 28
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Got a 2,000 bump at the 4 month mark(March) with GE via the luv button

Got a 1,000 bump another 4 months later(July) with Synchrony via luv button

Message 15 of 28
shasta
Regular Contributor

After my 3rd month or so, I got a 200 dollar cli automatically, from 900 to 1100. About 3 months later, I paid in full and within a week, they bumped me to 1500 automatically.

That is where I have been for about 4 months.

Message 16 of 28
shasta
Regular Contributor

After posting a reply to this thread, I decided to hit the luv button and see what would happen.

I tried and it told me the request couldnt be processed online. So, I tried through their chat feature. I asked for a 1500 bump and it was approved. So, im at 3000 now.

900 to 3000 in a year, 2 were auto cli and 1 was requested. Ill take it.

Message 17 of 28
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@shasta wrote:

After posting a reply to this thread, I decided to hit the luv button and see what would happen.

I tried and it told me the request couldnt be processed online. So, I tried through their chat feature. I asked for a 1500 bump and it was approved. So, im at 3000 now.

wow, that is awesome! Congrats. I was not aware that you could ask for cli via chat.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 18 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@shasta wrote:

wow, that is awesome! Congrats. I was not aware that you could ask for cli via chat.

I have not heard of chat either... that is pretty awesome... wonder what kind of rep is getting those requests!

Message 19 of 28
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@shasta wrote:

Good to know about chat CLIs. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.