Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone close their Cap1 Secured?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone close their Cap1 Secured?

It's SD, wondering if you get your deposit back? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone close their Cap1 Secured?

Yes many has closed this card.  I closed mines through my credit union, it served it purpose and I moved on.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

Yes many has closed this card.  I closed mines through my credit union, it served it purpose and I moved on.

I'm ready to move on as well. Just curious if you get your deposit back. Thanks Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 14
Pway
Valued Contributor

Yes you will get your deposit back.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 14
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pway wrote:

I'm ready to move on as well. Just curious if you get your deposit back. Thanks Smiley Happy 

I closed mine last year when I realized I had not used it (other than paying the AF) in well over a year.

The CSR told me it would take upto 60 days to get the deposit back but it took about 2 weeks for the check to show up.

Message 5 of 14
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

I closed mine after having it for two years.  I received a check in the mail within two weeks if memory serves.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderful! Thank you all so much. I got it a long time ago and couldn't find my info anywhere. 

Message 7 of 14
gibeon
Established Contributor

I closed mine and received the deposit back in a week or two.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They refunded my deposit 2 weeks on the nose, but my refunded AF took almost 2 months.

Message 9 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes close it. Especially if it has an af and you have moved on to better cards.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.