cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone denied an AMEX bonus, due to past membership?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Anyone denied an AMEX bonus, due to past membership?

Looking at switching to Delta for international travel. I used to have the Gold Delta card but closed in 2013. I got a offer a few weeks ago for 50k miles on that same card and was wondering since I closed it before AMEX changed their terms am I still eligble for it? I closed my USair card and need something to replace it.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone denied an AMEX bonus, due to past membership?

Unless you received a bonus on that delta gold card you are golden.

Message 2 of 4
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

I did, I believe it was the standard 30k mile bonus. If that is an issue I can wait for a better offer on their platinum.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@revvystoke wrote:

I did, I believe it was the standard 30k mile bonus. If that is an issue I can wait for a better offer on their platinum.

there ya go. do that. you basically can only get 1 bonus per product in a lifetime. doesnt matter if you had the card before, and it didnt have a bonus though...as you could open another one and get it. but since you had the bonus, you probably wouldnt qualify.

have you considered the amex PRG 50k MR offer? that would equate to 50k delta miles.... not to mention no AF the first year, plus $200 in gift cards.  Maybe you can try for a targeted platinum offer, and use that same inquiry and grab a PRG simultaneously???

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.