Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone do a AMEX reallocation recently

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Anyone do a AMEX reallocation recently

Trying to reallocate from my BCE to SPG with Amex, and each time online or over phone the CSR said they would have to look at my CR, and pull my credit. I asked if it would be a hardpull and was told it would affect my credit score.

I looked up past topics and most had stated it was a soft pull so wondering if anyone has done this recently and if it was in fact a HP.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Anyone do a AMEX reallocation recently

@revvystoke wrote:

Trying to reallocate from my BCE to SPG with Amex, and each time online or over phone the CSR said they would have to look at my CR, and pull my credit. I asked if it would be a hardpull and was told it would affect my credit score.

I looked up past topics and most had stated it was a soft pull so wondering if anyone has done this recently and if it was in fact a HP.

It's not a HP I know that buy my partner was denied to do it about 6 months ago.

Message 2 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I did it in Jan, and they just asked income and no hard pull.   But I had just got the new card, so it's possible that the HP from that was the reason they didn't need one.

But I agree that in the past I haven't seen mention that this is HP.

Just checked on my account, at least the first page doesn't mention anything about a pull, just 

By providing your income you certify that the information provided is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge. The income information provided is subject to verification. Failure to provide accurate information may lead to a reassessment of your overall relationship with American Express.

but I didn't proceed past "Continue" as I don't know if that really submits!

Message 3 of 8
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I did it in Jan, and they just asked income and no hard pull.   But I had just got the new card, so it's possible that the HP from that was the reason they didn't need one.

But I agree that in the past I haven't seen mention that this is HP.

Just checked on my account, at least the first page doesn't mention anything about a pull, just 

By providing your income you certify that the information provided is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge. The income information provided is subject to verification. Failure to provide accurate information may lead to a reassessment of your overall relationship with American Express.

but I didn't proceed past "Continue" as I don't know if that really submits!

There is an online method of reallocation? Smiley Happy

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 4 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, if you have an old enough card.  Profile>Manage Credit Limit

and that presents options, including Transfer Available Credit to Another Card

allowing you to transfer CL in $100 increments

Message 5 of 8
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

did it about a month ago.  it's a soft pull.  the requirements are that the donor card must be open for at least 13 statement periods and the target card must be open for 60 days. Did it via online chat.  easy peasy.

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 6 of 8
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

@iwazl71 wrote:

did it about a month ago.  it's a soft pull.  the requirements are that the donor card must be open for at least 13 statement periods and the target card must be open for 60 days. Did it via online chat.  easy peasy.

Thanks I will request it today, I was unsure after they said they pull my credit.

I keep seeing people post having $30k plus lines. I think $50k will be my next goal, I think my next "spree" won't be for app's, but for CLI requests. 

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 7 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I agree! 50k is my new goal on one card.

Amex IS hard to get to do those re allocations though!!! They act like it's a big deal. HAH

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.