cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else get surprise Annual Fee from HSBC/Crap One?

tag
akabigo
Contributor

Anyone else get surprise Annual Fee from HSBC/Crap One?

Just did my usual monthly checking of two HSBC accounts that I have and for the first time in 6 years they charged me $59. I promptly called and closed it since it was just SD'd anyway ($500cl) . Rep wouldn't remove the fee so she made it easy. I have another account with them that I will monitor but so far no fees on that one. No way will I pay for an almost useless card with no rewards.

#MovedOn

Fico scores 800+
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Menecrates
Valued Member

Re: Anyone else get surprise Annual Fee from HSBC/Crap One?

Just checked my HSBC.. Haven't seen an AF but I guess I'm due in August...

Starting Score: EQ: 468 - 2/2013
Current Score: EQ: 620, EX: 611, TU: 599 - 7/2013
Goal Score: 750's

Message 2 of 7
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I got one but it wasn't a surprise...lol.

The EO was able to credit it for me, though.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 7
dude11
Regular Contributor

I was slapped with the $59 annual fee on my Orchard about a month ago. I called the regular 1-800 number on the back of the card and told them I wanted to close my account. They asked me why and I told them because of the annual fee the card was not worth for me to keep open. They waived it for me this year. As always YMMV.
Message 4 of 7
Smug
Established Contributor

HSBC is a crap card anyways who cares....
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 5 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

@Smug wrote:
HSBC is a crap card anyways who cares....

True but people that have this card should still try the EO to revise the fees, not everyone can have prime cards

Message 6 of 7
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@dude11 wrote:
I was slapped with the $59 annual fee on my Orchard about a month ago. I called the regular 1-800 number on the back of the card and told them I wanted to close my account. They asked me why and I told them because of the annual fee the card was not worth for me to keep open. They waived it for me this year. As always YMMV.

I tried to do that with the regular CS and they gave me some bull...that's when I went and sent an email to EO. Will probably have to do the same next year if I still have the card.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.