cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else had a problem with verifying their bank account with BOA ?

tag
belle6m2k
Regular Contributor

Anyone else had a problem with verifying their bank account with BOA ?

I tried to verify my checking account today with BOA. They deposited tiny amounts and then withdrew them over about a week ago to test my account. Today I went into the site to verify using these amounts. They told me they are the incorrect amounts and now they want me to print out and send in a form. Im peeved because I already paid a payment with same account that they processed with NO problem and now they CAN"T verify the account???  Of course they are closed for the holiday so I will have to call back tomorrow. I have never had to verify my checking account or had any problem paying another card company. This is BS!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Anyone else had a problem with verifying their bank account with BOA ?

@belle6m2k wrote:

I have never had to verify my checking account 

I have.  It has never been a problem in my experience but issues can certainly happen,

Message 2 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Isn't it far simpler or just plain easier to push payments out from your own local bank instead?

It just seems like there could be many uncertainties when depending on various external websites billpay system or "pull".

All the best it gets sorted out for you eventually.

Message 3 of 7
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

In this day and age, it is for your own protection. Scammers do all kinds of crazy things....they will try to pay a bill to find out if they can get into your account....I have seen it all. You are actually better off pushing payments from your personal account....I have seen too many times where a creditor says they didn't receive the payment of that it didn't go through. Using your own bank where you have a banking relationship is much better, and most banks guarantee it wil be there on time.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DH had a similar experience to yours OP...he has a credit union...the initial transfer and withdrawal was fine...Made two payments from the BOA website..then suddenly they sent a letter saying we can't verify your account send 3 months of bank statements...Sounded odd..So I just set it up to push from the bank to BOA instead.

Message 5 of 7
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

I agree it doesn't make since to allow a payment and then suddenly stop allowing payments. That's ridiculous. I haven't had this problem with BOA specificially as I've never had a credit card with them that I actually used, but I ran into this problem a couple of times at other banks. The first time I just pushed a payment to the bank. The second time I closed the account. I'm impatient like that. Smiley Tongue I have a "no company is worth the stress" mentality. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 6 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I haven't had this issue and that would be frustrating to have happen.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.