Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have Fingerhut? (I know)

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Anyone else have Fingerhut? (I know)

Anyone else that has Fingerhut notice it's showing as 'Closed/Transferred' on Equifax? It is on my TU as open but did not update balance from last month, but Equifax it shows at as closed and transferred with a zero balance. I know I read somewhere that they switched banks or something. It is my oldest revolving account at almost 19 months. Does this mean eventually it will report by the new bank as a new account? I am confused.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone else have Fingerhut? (I know)

I've had a Fingerhut Account for over 3 years almost 4, I just received a letter saying they're switching to a Utah based company I believe. As for your question it will change to the new bank and should show up zero if you haven't purchased from them.

Message 2 of 17
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I guess I am worried about it appearing as a new account on my credit report. I know that when my HSBC became Cap one, my open date remained the same. I am hoping this is the case here.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 3 of 17
imandy
Valued Member

I have a sneaking suspicion that it is not going to report at all anymore.

The new servicing bank is the bank that's tied to Paypal/Bill Me Later. They do not report at all.

There was another thread about some people calling and could not get a straight answer. The good thing though is that the AAoA will still help you even if it's a closed account

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have PayPal/BillMeLater they are on my report and have are up to date. I guess as long as the accounts are used they'll update??

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It shouldn't list as a new account.

Message 6 of 17
traveler2005
Established Contributor

I have bill me later, they do not report for me.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 7 of 17
imandy
Valued Member

Bill me later does not report and never has to my knowledge. I even just did a search of this forum and this person is the only person that I can see ever to claim that they did. If you have a paypal credit card I'm sure it reports but not Bill Me Later. Interesting...

Message 8 of 17
tbolt2
Contributor

It took a while, but WebBank finally reported to Equifax last night. The account appears as Fingerhut/WebBank with correct infomation re: history, balance, same account number,  etc.........at least that went right. Will have to wait a few more days to see if they report to all three CRA's or just EQ and TU as Metabank did. The 850 CL and zero balance would be a nice addition to the EX report.

The entry for Metabank is still showing the credit limit as the high balance...grrr....not sure if they are ever gonna correct that and the lady I spoke with a few weeks ago at Fingerhut was no help. I got the very distinct impression she had received a number of calls regarding the mistake on credit reports.

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 17
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@tbolt2 wrote:

It took a while, but WebBank finally reported to Equifax last night. The account appears as Fingerhut/WebBank with correct infomation re: history, balance, same account number,  etc.........at least that went right. Will have to wait a few more days to see if they report to all three CRA's or just EQ and TU as Metabank did. The 850 CL and zero balance would be a nice addition to the EX report.

The entry for Metabank is still showing the credit limit as the high balance...grrr....not sure if they are ever gonna correct that and the lady I spoke with a few weeks ago at Fingerhut was no help. I got the very distinct impression she had received a number of calls regarding the mistake on credit reports.

Thank you! I just checked my equifax and the new account is listed with my original date. TU finally shows the old account as closed and I suspect in a week that the new account will show up also on there. Experian, we will find out soon. I did not get an scorewatch alert here yet on the new account but may not since technically it would not be a 'new account'.

I am just relieved that it was not reported as a brand new account.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.