Regular Contributor
IrishPM

Anyone else have this happen?

I logged in to Citi AMEX to check if a recent online payment posted and there was an 'urgent message' above where I normally see the account information.

Message read 'A new card has been issued for this account on October 8, 2008. Your new card should arrive within 7-10 business days. You may activate your new card from your home phone by calling 1-800-XXX-XXXX. If you have any questions...blah, blah, blah.'

I called Citi and they told me that over 30 million consumers have had their 'personal data' breached by one of their 'customers' and that Citi will automatically re-issue another credit card for those who are affected.

I asked the CSR to Fed Ex the card to me priority overnight and we'll see if it actually arrives tomorrow (Thursday).

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

Re: Anyone else have this happen?

i'm very sorry to hear that.  i hope your information will stay safe.
Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}