cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else just throw away their credit card agreements after receiving?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone else just throw away their credit card agreements after receiving?

I keep all info in an Excel spreadsheet.  Open dates, promo periods, apr, SL, increases and their dates, cut dates, due dates, etc.

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I keep all info in an Excel spreadsheet.  Open dates, promo periods, apr, SL, increases and their dates, cut dates, due dates, etc.

I tried that, it just did not work for me; I have to balance my checkbook on paper and my credit cards. Which is very strange since I'm from the digital age.

Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I typically hoard mine for a month or two then throw them away.

I don't usually read them right away when I recieve them so that's why I don't throw them away immediately. 

Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

My hoarding the agreements have come in handy a few times...Like seeing different terms on the actual paperwork that came with the physical card. I tend to do two things, download the agreement that comes up wtih the app, save it to Dropbox in PDF, the one that comes up after you apply with your acutal terms and the credit score disclosure and again the one that comes in the mail.

Amex BCE on DH card, had two different terms from approval to what was on the paperwork that came in the mail. I thought it was odd, but about 2 days later a letter came in the mail saying the terms that came with the card were wrong (they were not good compared to what came up on the approval terms page) it was a higher APR and no mention of the spend bonus or the cell phone cash back. Thank my hoarding for paying attention I hate to not read and use my spreadsheet to record terms in my shorthand. Heck I am a person that if a store clerk bypasses something on the screen on their end or reach over and do it on the customer terminal, I will go balistic lol

Message 34 of 36
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

Pretty much.. I know i can request them on line, and most  have the pdf availible instantly

+1

And as soon as you get a higher / lower apr on that particular account, it makes the previous aggreement null, (i assume, since the terms change)

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 35 of 36
MTSN
Regular Contributor

Wow I'm pretty surprised to see how many people hang on to them. I usually glance through to see the important stuff and to see if it agrees with how I understand the agreement to be then toss them. You can pull an electronic copy at any time online, and I absolutely loath having to store paper documents. Vehicle titles, marriage certificate, birth certificate, social security cards, and passports are just about the only paper I'm ok with keeping. 

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.