cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else just throw away their credit card agreements after receiving?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else just throw away their credit card agreements after receiving?

Title. 

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone else just throw away their credit card agreements after receiving?

Nope, I hoard all pieces of credit mail, even those preapprovals, CLI denials, and privacy preferences notices.

Message 2 of 36
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Never, thats the legal contract and you may need that to litigate in the future.
Message 3 of 36
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Pretty much.. I know i can request them on line, and most  have the pdf availible instantly

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eventually yes. I do however read them first.

If I need to review it again it is available on the website.

Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can view it online instantly, so yeah I just throw them away.

Message 6 of 36
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope, I hoard all pieces of credit mail, even those preapprovals, CLI denials, and privacy preferences notices.

+1 I keep it all as well

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 36
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Nope, I have a box that I store my credit card agreements and all other related materials in. I've never had to reference any of them, but I do like having them available if necessary.

Message 8 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Although many things are available online, some aren't, and have to be re-mailed out to you. So because of that, I tend to keep the agreements. No real advantage to trashing them, and I have them if I need them.

People should take the time to read these documents, because they can often answer a lot of questions (similar to the recent Synchrony debacle, where people are wondering what info can and cannot be shared, which can be answered by reading your documents).

Message 9 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I file them away, but I have a tendency to hold on to A LOT of paper stuff like that.

I'm still trying to establish a good system of file/hold/purge with relevant shred dates. 

I'm nowhere near as obsessive in other areas of my life, but after ending up with 3 judgments due to avoidance/embarassment, I'm hypervigilant about contracts & receipts. 

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.