cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else notice this VISA on lowes?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Anyone else notice this VISA on lowes?

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I can see how that's disappointing, but while you can only use it at Lowe's, the store card is so much better from what I understand about the Visa.  5% off or lots of 0% finance offers beats the rewards certificates hands-down.  You earn 3% on Lowe's, 2% on some other category and 1% on everything else, but can only redeem for rewards certificates and you have to spend at least the amount of the certificate or you lose the remainder of the balance (somehow it skirts the gift card laws in some states by being a reward discount rather than a cash analogue).

+1

I actually had this card as well back when it was with Capital One, and I can 'chime in' that it wasn't that great.  Low limits, high APRs, and CLIs were nowhere to be found.

That said, if Lowe's/Synchrony were to offer Visa upgrades that would help those of us (like myself) who have old Lowe's PLCC accounts but are now renters, since it would be easier to keep it active if you could simply swipe it anywhere Visa is accepted.  Other than that I can't think of a real upside to the Visa over the PLCC.

@K-in-Boston  is also right about the rewards being sub-par... I didn't remember the specifics, but I do remember it being convoluted and not worth my trouble (especially with a low CL).

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.