Frequent Contributor
pazuzu

Anyone else "Too Good" for Creditonebank?

I applied and was told that my "credit score exceeds" the limit they have for their cards.

This is bizarre, and a waste of a precious inquiry.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Anyone else "Too Good" for Creditonebank?

Whats the magic number?

Why creditone if your credit is good?

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Maybe you can call them back (backdoor?), and ask them really nicely if they'll recode it as a soft inquiry so that the next creditor won't count that INQ against you, and think that you're "not good enough".

It's worth a shot.

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Frequent Contributor
pazuzu

I applied b/c I haven't had a "real" credit card since my 2004 BK, only store cards. After researching, I ended up applying at creditone and orchard. I got approved for the orchard platinum.

My scores range from "not good" at TU to "good" at Experian and Equifax.

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Valued Contributor
WannaHouse

These cards are for people with either seriously low scores, or no credit. Apparently, your scores are good enough to qualify for much better cards. Maybe you need to buy your scores here and see where you fall, and search for CC in that score range.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Valued Contributor
WannaHouse

OOPS!! Posted at the same time. If you want another card, I would try Cap One. Then, just use those cards and never pay late!!

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Here's the thread on BK friendly cards:

BK Friendly Cards

pazuzu wrote:

I applied b/c I haven't had a "real" credit card since my 2004 BK, only store cards. After researching, I ended up applying at creditone and orchard. I got approved for the orchard platinum.

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Frequent Contributor
pazuzu

I'm only above 700 at Experian, while I'm just under 700 at Equifax, and below 650 at TransUnion.

So I'm still in recovery. 

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

APPLY at Bank of America, Citi, Chase... someone good, not crappy HSBC with 700 scores!!

although if any of those banks were in your bk, probably can't get them.

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
heirophant

pazuzu wrote:

If you don't mind, what are the terms you received from Orchard.   I have heard if you have a high enough score, Orchard will fit you in where you belong, have no AF, good interest rate and good limit.  Just wondering if that is true.  Of course, I have already cancelled my Orchard and would never consider that again,  but I do have an HSBC card that didn't have an AF.  It was offered to me like that, but started with only a $300 limit (now $1,600 ).  So, just trying to see if that is true.
FICO's: TU: 682 EX: 688 EQ: Unknown

In my wallet (strikethough are getting the axe soon): Amex Rewards Plus Gold | BECU: 10,000 | AlaskaUSA FCU: 6,900 | Citi Forward 6,500 | BOA Travel Rewards: 5,000 | US Bank Cash+: 5,000 | Merrick: 4,200 | Chase Freedom: 3,500 | Juniper: 3,100 | Household: 2,450 | Best Buy Reward Zone: 2,000 | Cap1: 1,500 | Cap1: 750 | Bailey's Furniture: 3,100 | Lowes: 4,500 | Care Credit: 2,000 | Zales: 1,400 | Kohls: 400 | Sam's: 5,200 | Walmart: 1,100 | Discover More: 1,000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}