Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever double app Chase?

tag
neverrain
New Contributor

Anyone ever double app Chase?

I just applied for a SLate card and was approved ($2500 - pretty much what I wanted to BT).  I was wondering, can I app again for a Freedom with the same pull? 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone ever double app Chase?

You can try. It worked for me. I believe its worked for others as well but not a guarantee. Second app may go to a pending status for verification.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@neverrain wrote:

I just applied for a SLate card and was approved ($2500 - pretty much what I wanted to BT).  I was wondering, can I app again for a Freedom with the same pull? 

You can app again, but not with the same pull. If you were only approved for $2500, I anticipate that your Freedom limit, if approved, would only be around $500

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@neverrain wrote:

You can app again, but not with the same pull. If you were only approved for $2500, I anticipate that your Freedom limit, if approved, would only be around $500

I think it will probably be the same pull for you if you apply for the second card within the day, maybe longer. I got my Freedom and Sapphire Preferred with the same pull within a few hours of each other. As for being approved, that's less certain.

Message 4 of 15
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Chase can be quite fickle these days I'd suggest to wait at least for a statement period if your CS is not in the high 700's or above.

Message 5 of 15
neverrain
New Contributor

If they pulled experian, my score was 720ish.  I have no clue what they pulled at this point.  My other two are hovering 690+ waiting for accounts to update balances.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@neverrain wrote:

If they pulled experian, my score was 720ish.  I have no clue what they pulled at this point.  My other two are hovering 690+ waiting for accounts to update balances.

How long has it been since your approval? I would probably pull the trigger on the second. If it's not too long after the first, a decline probably won't mean another hard pull, your credit reports won't have the new account affecting AAoA yet.

Message 7 of 15
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

It's a hit & miss on the pulls ...but I would wait at least 3 - 6  months to avoid a low limit and high APR card. A HP will go away in two years but Chase's  APR will remain for the life of the card... I wish I had waited with my app..as I am sure I could  have done better than 22,99% APR on mine with a bit of patience Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

idk if waiting would have made much difference. What is it someone else called them? Fickle...sounds accurate. I expected the highest APR and no more than $2k CL but they surprised me with the middle 17.9% APR and $4k which is pretty close to the Hyatt card that was approved right before it. My profile is hardly great Smiley Very Happy Chase is just weird.
Message 9 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As others stated if same day could be same pull or different.. Really varies, but alot of people get two cards within a day.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.