Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever get Amex to overnight a card free

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone ever get Amex to overnight a card free

I called them to check the status of my BCE and they asked if I wanted it rushed then overnighted it for free
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone ever get Amex to overnight a card free

I thought most lenders did it free

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA charges $8 if you want it overnighted. Amex sent my Regular Everyday snail mail
Message 3 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

With Amex it's fairly common for folks here to report that they got a card overnighted for no extra fee.  Smiley Happy

It usually happens automatically if you get certain higher-end cards (PRG, Platinum, etc.) or if you speak with a CSR and specifically request it (also many times when CSR intervention is required on an application they will volunteer to overnight the card).

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I called them to check the status of my BCE and they asked if I wanted it rushed then overnighted it for free

I know that I said that having a card that said "Member since 87" was the least of my worries, and I wasn't going to worry about getting a new card with the correct MS date...but I was curious Smiley Wink

I went to look at the process of ordering a replacement card, and I was given the choice of regular mail or overnighting, both were free.

(And for the record, I didn't order a replacement, like I said, I was just satisfying my curiousity)

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They offered to overnight my SPG for free on the verification phone call, and for Platinum they just did it without my involvement whatsoever. Still kinda wish for $450 per year they would make the card more snazzy than every other flimsy plastic card on the market.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My PRG was overnighted for free and without me even requesting expedited shipping(it was also my second Amex card so that might figure in), but the BCP was standard mail and took much longer than required(approx 8 days from Omaha to northern Minnesota)...

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My PRG was overnighted for free and without me even requesting expedited shipping(it was also my second Amex card so that might figure in), but the BCP was standard mail and took much longer than required(approx 8 days from Omaha to northern Minnesota)...

Yeah my SimplyCash took about a week. I wasn't really paying attention because I didn't really care if they approved it or not lol...

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BCE took a "normal" amount of time to come in.

I also wish the Platinum card was a little more snazzy as well.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My BCE took a "normal" amount of time to come in.

I also wish the Platinum card was a little more snazzy as well.

It would be nice if AMEX actually made their platinum card out of platinum. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.