cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever had fraud on a "store" card??

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone ever had fraud on a "store" card??

You found me out! Yes, the mistress. LOL.

Thankfully I didn't need to use the card right away but they were really good about the whole process - still an inconvenience though. I had to fax them a few things, etc. When I followed up much, much later with the investigator assigned to my case it appears they eventually apprehended the perpetrators but kept it kinda hush-hush since it was possible there were others they hadn't caught yet. Unfortunately, fraud is big $$$ business and we all pay in some form or another.

Just a few months back my Ritz and United CC also fell victim to fraud but it was handled really well - alerts, CSR experience, CC reissue and all.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. 

but ive had fraud on my CSP and my amex gold. which they were all resolved without a problem. 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Best Buy store card, when it was with HSBC. $4700 in fraudulent charges by a Best Buy employee. HSBC was not helpful at all. I did all of the work. Filed police report, had my attorney contact HSBC and take care of the rest, including his fees. I will NEVER deal with HSBC or buy anything at Best Buy, ever. My card number was stolen from their online ordering system, just in case anyone wanted to know. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.