cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone find it annoying checking if someone takes AMEX or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone find it annoying checking if someone takes AMEX or not?

I have not gone anywhere that it was not accepted. In fact, if I had not read on here that some of you were having problems with certain merchants not accepting it, I would never have known there was a problem. Seriously, and thankfully, my Amex card has been accepted every where I've shopped, dined, rented a car, traveled -- no problems!
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's kind of annoying, but only because not everybody posts their stickers where it's easy to see.

But just in case they don't, I have my Amex, Discover and Visa CCs, a MasterCard debit card and cash with me in my wallet. So /something/ is going to work.

I cringe at the thought of losing my wallet.

Message 22 of 24
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I have not gone anywhere that it was not accepted. In fact, if I had not read on here that some of you were having problems with certain merchants not accepting it, I would never have known there was a problem. Seriously, and thankfully, my Amex card has been accepted every where I've shopped, dined, rented a car, traveled -- no problems!

I'm hoping to have similar success: 2/2 today and counting!

        
Message 23 of 24
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I would think if you were looking for near universal acceptance, you'd go with a MC/V prepaid card rather than an AmEx. AmEx used to be promoted as a Travel & Entertainment card, although today its more of a general purpose card. That being said, AmEx is still not as universal as MC/V. Being a "prepaid" card, why would you go for AmEx over MC/V ?

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.