Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get CLIs on Cap 1 venture?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Anyone get CLIs on Cap 1 venture?

I'm specifically asking about CLIs on  cap 1 prime cards by pushing the button. I have the venture card with a 5k limit. After I had the card for six months I will do a CLI request online. I have noticed some people were denied CLIs, because they were told they were not using their card enough. What constitutes not using the card enough to warrant being denied a CLI? I run approx $600-$700 a month through the venture card (basically I use it for one payment, although some months I may spend 1-2k on it) and I put all my other spending through my freedom. I prefer to get the chase points and I am hoping to get an auto cli from chase down the line as well as set myself up for a strong arguement for the CSP. Should I be running more through my cap 1 card in order to have a shot at a CLI increase? Do I have to use up most the CL to justify an increase? I'd really hate to shift 5k of spend from my freedom to the venture card as I am saving up for some specific chase redemptions, but I would love a SP CLI before my next round of apps.    

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone get CLIs on Cap 1 venture?

My Venture Signature card received an auto-CLI not long ago and currently sits at $15.7K (auto-CLI of $3.7K).  Didn't have to click a link, call or anything.  Then again, I have had that CC since back in 2005 (before Venture was even a concept in Capital One's eyes).  I've ran some moderate spending here and there but nothing crazy every month just to get the CLI.  IME, auto-CLIs with Capital One are not very frequent, but in my case, the CL is sufficient given the spend on that card.

Message 2 of 3
missjae
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone get CLIs on Cap 1 venture?

@red259 wrote:

I'm specifically asking about CLIs on  cap 1 prime cards by pushing the button. I have the venture card with a 5k limit. After I had the card for six months I will do a CLI request online. I have noticed some people were denied CLIs, because they were told they were not using their card enough. What constitutes not using the card enough to warrant being denied a CLI? I run approx $600-$700 a month through the venture card (basically I use it for one payment, although some months I may spend 1-2k on it) and I put all my other spending through my freedom. I prefer to get the chase points and I am hoping to get an auto cli from chase down the line as well as set myself up for a strong arguement for the CSP. Should I be running more through my cap 1 card in order to have a shot at a CLI increase? Do I have to use up most the CL to justify an increase? I'd really hate to shift 5k of spend from my freedom to the venture card as I am saving up for some specific chase redemptions, but I would love a SP CLI before my next round of apps.    

I was denied a CLI on a card for not using it enough.  I had used it once or twice within the last year, but not at all within the preceeding 6 months.  If you're using it every month, I think you'll be fine.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.