cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get a CSP just for the sign on bonus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone get a CSP just for the sign on bonus?

So no one has had any issues moving Chase limits within a certain time frame of opening a card?  I've read on some threads on here that people have said they've had to wait a year to move limits or PC a card, but then I read opposing views from those that say they were able to do this within days or weeks of opening cards.  Not sure why there's an inconsistency with what's reported with regard to this?

Message 31 of 44
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I moved $2k from CSP to Freedom right after I got the bonus. Hoping to move another $5k to Slate later this month for a BT.
Message 32 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

So maybe it's not just moving a limit, but initiating a PC as well?  I've heard from some that you need to wait a year with a new Chase product, I'm guessing that's to PC not to move limits then?  I also wonder if it's for all product changes, or if it depends on whether it's an upgrade or downgrade.

Message 33 of 44
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So maybe it's not just moving a limit, but initiating a PC as well?  I've heard from some that you need to wait a year with a new Chase product, I'm guessing that's to PC not to move limits then?  I also wonder if it's for all product changes, or if it depends on whether it's an upgrade or downgrade.

I think this comes down to are you going to use other dp's or create your own.  I am sure much of this comes down to will ones profile support this or that so it does not matter whatt happens with another person.  one idea of a downgrade it to have a way to make a lateral move to another product and not wait a year.  I did a downgrade and 2 pc's in the span of a single call.  I then made a bunch of cl moves and made an oversight of not having $5K on a card and wanted a sig so I made a temp move to $6K, had another card issued and move the line back on the same call a week later.  could someone else do the same?  who knows but I did.  what we can do is all that matters really

Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, but there are some hard and fast rules that couple with additional data points can help someone make the most informed decision.  Things like 5/24 with Chase... I was wondering if there was a similar "rule" that prevented anything like a PC, limit move, etc. over a certain period of time.  If it's profile-specific, than hearing from others with similar profiles to mine would be beneficial from my point of view.

Message 35 of 44
Poppa
Established Contributor

I got mine for the bonus plus the movable limit. I was approved in "My Offers" so I knew I would have at least $5,000 I could add to my freedom that didn't have a very good limit. I moved the limit to my freedom and closed it yesterday. I was able to move all but $500. I have been asking if I was eligible for a "Full Line Consolidation" for about a month but they wouldn't let me. I finally went ahead and did it. I was concerned if I waited much longer the CSP would be closed for inactivity. My freedom was a year old yesterday and my CSP was 5 months old. So far no issues and it was an instant transition. 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you basically did the limit move / close at the 1 year anniversary of your Freedom.  Was your SL on the CSP $5k?  I'm surprised they let you take it down to $500, but that's pretty cool for the sake of your Freedom which you get more use out of.

Message 37 of 44
Poppa
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So you basically did the limit move / close at the 1 year anniversary of your Freedom.  Was your SL on the CSP $5k?  I'm surprised they let you take it down to $500, but that's pretty cool for the sake of your Freedom which you get more use out of.

Yes at the 1 yr mark. They said I could do it last month but I thought if I waited I might get the entire limit to move over. 

My SL on the CSP was $7000. My limit on my freedom was $3000. Now the freedom is $9500.

I got an auto CLI on the freedom at the end of October. I'm interested to see if I get another at the end of this month. 

Message 38 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, how much was the Freedom auto CLI for?  That CLI came right around the 6 month mark, maybe a little sooner? 

I'd probably wait about 6 months of having the CSP to downgrade it to the Freedom, just to put some additional spend on it past the bonus as to try and avoid AA.  It would be nice if I did get a really solid SL on the CSP though so that when I transfer some of the limit to the Amazon card and then downgrade it to the Freedom that both cards would have solid limits... 5-figures on both would be ideal, which may be doable.

Message 39 of 44
Poppa
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice, how much was the Freedom auto CLI for?  That CLI came right around the 6 month mark, maybe a little sooner? 

The auto CLI was $1000. It was about 16 days after the 6th statement.

The freedom started as a denial. I had just got the Slate with a $2000 limit and tried to use the same HP for the freedom.

It was denied because of just opening the Slate. I reconned and they gave me the freedom with a $500 limit.

I then switched the limits. 6 months later I got the auto CLI. 1 month later I opened the CSP. 1 month later I closed the Slate.

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.