cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get a CSP just for the sign on bonus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone get a CSP just for the sign on bonus?

Gotcha.

While slightly off topic, I would like to hear from those that applied for two Chase products at the same time and got away with one HP.

Message 41 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. I had 5000 on my CSP and 7500 on my Freedom so I moved 2500 to the Freedom for a rounded 10000

Message 42 of 44
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I thought the title of the thread was a little funny because of course lots of  people all over the web have been getting the CSP, and more recently the CSR, just for the sign on bonus.   Big bonuses attract that behavior, and the issuers expect that some portion find that they like the card and keep it.

So re what is safe:  I would assume that Chase knows that some people have no intention of keeping the card and paying the AF, they may not care that much unless you have a repeated history of doing this.    But, since Chase can take very drastic AA in some cases, I would just do the least suspicious thing, keep the card for nearly a year, and once the annual fee is about to become due, cancel or downgrade them, hey, you gave it a try but you cannot justify the AF...   Relatively normal for any AF card.   Changing as soon as you get the bonus signals your motivation, even if Chase doesn't care at that point.

Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that's a fair assessment and probably the best win-win for both the bonus-chaser and the creditor.

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.