cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get a Walmart Discover Upgrade this Month?????

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Anyone get a Walmart Discover Upgrade this Month?????

So I can feel it coming.  Was wondering if anyone has gotten an upgrade this month.  My gap and AEO card upgraded this month so I hope my Wally card will too.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jbimler
Established Member

Re: Anyone get a Walmart Discover Upgrade this Month?????

Do they upgrade from the regular card? Just signed up for the non Discover card today. 

Message 2 of 7
Bcunniff9
Regular Contributor

I got the notice that I was upgraded about a month ago. The letter said I would get my new card in about 60 days (seems odd). My online Walmart account lists both cards, but i still haven't got my card yet.

BK7 Filed | 3/25/2016 | EQ: 530 | EX: 526 | TU: 505
BK7 Discharged | 7/11/2016 | EQ: 535 | EX: 574 | TU: 506
Current FICO 8’s 10/28/2017 | EQ: 680 | EX: 680 | TU: 665
Message 3 of 7
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

@Bcunniff9 wrote:

I got the notice that I was upgraded about a month ago. The letter said I would get my new card in about 60 days (seems odd). My online Walmart account lists both cards, but i still haven't got my card yet.

Yeah same with me, i got the upgrade letter nearly 2 months ago and I still havent recieved the card.  Its already showing up on my online accounts and also on my credit reports.  I called them and they said it should be mailed out within the next week, all the upgrades from that time frame  are being mailed out at the same time.  I guess they are making me wait the entire 60 days lol, it will be 60 days on the 20th so im expecting the card by then.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thats really weird how they sent the Walmart Upgrades in the mail and indicated 60 days. 

WIth my Gap and AEO Visa Upgrades they were online when I logged in and they both indicated I would get my card within 7-10 Business Days.  Even when I logged in the afternoon the account already showed up on my Online Access and in RED it stated " this Card Has been mailed".

Even stranger- I have used my Banana Card twice as hard as my Gap card.  Both opened up at the same time.  I got the Upgrade to the Banana Luxe card but yet I still have not recieved the upgrade to the VISA.   I have pushed 3x as much through my BR card.  I am wondering if it has to do with the balance I carry.  BR card is 900 balance out of 2500 CL

Gap is 200 Balance out of 2800 CL

Wondering if I pay down BR will I get the upgrade. 

Message 5 of 7
texasman07
Established Contributor

Oh and BTW I spoke with a CSR bout the upgrade for my AEO card.  She stated it is handled by an outsourced company.  So they are the ones who determine whether or not an upgrade is due.  She stated they have no control over the upgrades and neither do the underwriters. 

Message 6 of 7
dowel911
Established Member

Got the AEO VISA upgrade. CL went from 800 as a store card to 2500 as a VISA. I'm happy. Can only hope for other GE store cards upgradings soon too. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.