cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got Cap One Venture with less than 3 years of credit history?

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Anyone got Cap One Venture with less than 3 years of credit history?

Since it says "Excellent" credit requirement of Venture, which needs at least 3 years of credit history. This one is killing me because I only have one and half year's history.  Anyone successfully get an "Excellent" required CC without 3 year's credit history either through EO or online app?

Thank you.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone got Cap One Venture with less than 3 years of credit history?

I had two years in my own name (had been an A.U. since childhood) when I got the Cash Rewards Visa Signature (same credit category as the Venture)

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 2 of 5
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

I had about a year and a half of history when they approved me for $5000 with the VentureOne card.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 3 of 5
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

I had about a year and a half of history when they approved me for $5000 with the VentureOne card.

Thank you. I will try their Venture card maybe in six months.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 4 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Can probably get it with less than 3 years. Only downside to this card is you cant redeem your points for travel unless you have enough for the whole purchase.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.