cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had another CLI after Cap1 EO CLI?

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Anyone had another CLI after Cap1 EO CLI?

Just wondering, with all the people that have had good increases from toy limits via the Capital One executive office, has anyone else had a further CLI on that card since? Perhaps people who also had a product change to a more 'prime' card? My limit was raised from $750 to $5k and I PC'd to a Venture 2. I've been running over $5k per month through it and paying in full - I was wondering what my chances were for another CLI at say, the 6-month mark from the EO CLI?
Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
MrSwiss
Valued Member

Re: Anyone had another CLI after Cap1 EO CLI?

How long did you have the Cap1-$750 before you requested the increase / PC and what are your current scores?

Swiss

Starting Score:EQ-642 --TU-632-- EX-?
Current Score:EQ-660 MyFico-- TU- 647 MyFico-- EX- 674 Quizzle
Goal Score:700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU vsig $14k -- NFCU PLat MC $14k - NAVChek $7.5K -- NFCU PLAT Visa $14k -Cap1 $1.5k--AMZ $700- Lowes $500- WALMART-$400
Message 2 of 19
toppers555
Established Contributor

I would say don't abuse the system. I would try normal process first and if You really need increase not just for mere having another increase perhaps bother them other wise your just being greedy imo

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 3 of 19
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:
I would say don't abuse the system. I would try normal process first and if You really need increase not just for mere having another increase perhaps bother them other wise your just being greedy imo

I don't see how he's being greedy or abusing the system.  He says his CL is $5k.  He says he is running over $5k/month through the card and paying in full.  I think that's a perfectly valid, acceptable reason for requesting another CLI.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 4 of 19
toppers555
Established Contributor

I didn't state op was being greedy. Like i said if it a legitment need that is one thing but to constantly bother eo always rather then trying traditional path for just basically for an increase just for an increase is abuse IMO

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 5 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:
I didn't state op was being greedy. Like i said if it a legitment need that is one thing but to constantly bother eo always rather then trying traditional path for just basically for an increase just for an increase is abuse IMO

I would like to add that in my opinion Capital One "Created" the issue that the "traditional path" is not only fustrating, annoying, a waste of time, and HP possible... I WILL NOT/WOULD NOT EVER go about talking to Capital One again by any means ouside the EO unless something like new card, or lost/stolen, fraud stuff.

I'm sorry but I'm tired of talking to CSR out of the country and frankly if the only way to talk to US reps is through the EO then those high paid (probably not but I will think) people can spend lots of time doing something that should be done by CSR's and until they find that the expense of the EO office doing these requests and bring a US based call center Im not calling overseas.

Message 6 of 19
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

Actually, you did conditionally and specifically state that the OP was being greedy.  Furthermore, customer service is what the EO is there for.  Calling them is not "bothering" them, it's taking advantage of a service that is made available for one's use.  Lastly, what traditional path is there to take?  We all know Capital One's frontline CSR's will read off a script about not being able to approve CLI's when asked.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 7 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

@toppers555 wrote:

Actually, you did conditionally and specifically state that the OP was being greedy.  Furthermore, customer service is what the EO is there for.  Calling them is not "bothering" them, it's taking advantage of a service that is made available for one's use.  Lastly, what traditional path is there to take?  We all know Capital One's frontline CSR's will read off a script about not being able to approve CLI's when asked.

+111111

Probably said better then me and said well!

Message 8 of 19
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I was wondering if anyone else had tried it, I am not planning on trying myself just yet. I've only just had the card increased to $5k about a month ago, and in that time I've already accrued 19k miles by switching it to my main card for the past month. A higher limit would be more beneficial as it would mean that I don't have to keep making multiple payments on it every month - thinking about it I am probably running closer to 8/10k per month through it. At about 6 months from the original CLI I think I'll try for another CLI (via the 'official' route first) and if that doesn't work I would think about contacting the EO again.

But again, the main thrust of my question was wondering if anyone else had already done this.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 9 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@breedo wrote:

I was wondering if anyone else had tried it, I am not planning on trying myself just yet. I've only just had the card increased to $5k about a month ago, and in that time I've already accrued 19k miles by switching it to my main card for the past month. A higher limit would be more beneficial as it would mean that I don't have to keep making multiple payments on it every month - thinking about it I am probably running closer to 8/10k per month through it. At about 6 months from the original CLI I think I'll try for another CLI (via the 'official' route first) and if that doesn't work I would think about contacting the EO again.

But again, the main thrust of my question was wondering if anyone else had already done this.

My partner went from $7,500 to $15,000 via EO but he does not use the card.... He did a BT offer about 8 months ago for about $5k and has about $1400 left to pay off in 3 months but for charging, it's not used.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.