cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had another CLI after Cap1 EO CLI?

tag
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone had another CLI after Cap1 EO CLI?

I think six months from the time you got a CLI through the EO is sufficient time to wait before contacting them again, especially when you put though $5000 per month on a card that has a limit of $5000.  Abusing the system would be contacting the EO every month or perhaps even requesting an increase twice a year when you don't use the card.  Personally, I think I am going to wait nine months, but I'm only running $1000-$2000 per month on my $5000 limit card. 

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 11 of 19
benamaster

I had no problem in December 2012 going from 2300 to 3000 via the Executive Office and then in February of 2013 I follow up with the Executive Office and got another increase from 3000 to 7500. I have two accounts that are around 7 years old both with identical credit lines.

Message 12 of 19
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

I had an increase through the EO in November and the rep that assisted me advised to call him back in at 6 months and he would review for another increase.

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 13 of 19
toppers555
Established Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

@toppers555 wrote:
I didn't state op was being greedy. Like i said if it a legitment need that is one thing but to constantly bother eo always rather then trying traditional path for just basically for an increase just for an increase is abuse IMO

Actually, you did conditionally and specifically state that the OP was being greedy.  Furthermore, customer service is what the EO is there for.  Calling them is not "bothering" them, it's taking advantage of a service that is made available for one's use.  Lastly, what traditional path is there to take?  We all know Capital One's frontline CSR's will read off a script about not being able to approve CLI's when asked.

Who knows that can change,  maybe CSR will eventually be able to help with CLI ( I would hold my breath though tbh). Also true EO is there for customer service, but their is also a reason for a path of escalation, and why EO isn't who you talk to when you call customer service.  

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 14 of 19
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Got a Venture card in Nov of 2012 with a 5K limit had it raised to 7500 in Jan of this year and than had it raised again in feb to 12K...But I run a ton of money thur the card and pay in full..somrtime making mulitable payments before the statement cuts

Message 15 of 19
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Thank-you, some of the answers have been very helpful. Sounds like I could ask for another CLI in a few months if I keep using it as my main card and making multiple payments per month.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 16 of 19
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

@Leadberry wrote:

@toppers555 wrote:
I didn't state op was being greedy. Like i said if it a legitment need that is one thing but to constantly bother eo always rather then trying traditional path for just basically for an increase just for an increase is abuse IMO

Actually, you did conditionally and specifically state that the OP was being greedy.  Furthermore, customer service is what the EO is there for.  Calling them is not "bothering" them, it's taking advantage of a service that is made available for one's use.  Lastly, what traditional path is there to take?  We all know Capital One's frontline CSR's will read off a script about not being able to approve CLI's when asked.

Who knows that can change,  maybe CSR will eventually be able to help with CLI ( I would hold my breath though tbh). Also true EO is there for customer service, but their is also a reason for a path of escalation, and why EO isn't who you talk to when you call customer service.  

I hope they do get their act together soon.  I absolutely hate talking to to Capital One's CSR's.  There is no reason to deal with people on the other side of the world who are given no power to make decisions when you can call up Chase, Discover, Amex, USAA, et cetera and talk to perfectly competent and capable CSR's.  You can bet that unless Capital One changes something, when I'm ready for a CLI I'm going to escalate myself directly to the EO.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 17 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah... I'll be trying to go from $5,000 to $15,000 after six months at $5,000.
I'll ask the regular CSRs but if they don't do anything, and I suspect they won't lol.. I'll get in touch with my girl in the EO!!!!!
:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Had my 2 accounts doubled early February and will continue to contact EO every 6 months.

If that's the only way to achieve what they should be doing naturally at least twice a year then so be it.

Smiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.