cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had any luck or tried a PC with B o A?

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

Anyone had any luck or tried a PC with B o A?

When I get my current balance paid off which will be in less than 2 weeks i'd like to PC to the cash rewards i have just the normal bank of america card right now. Has anyone had any success in the past with this? and do they do a hard pull, because if that's so i'll need to wait.

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
daveg38
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone had any luck or tried a PC with B o A?

I PC'd down from Americard Siggy to Platinum Plus - was able to keep cash rewards.  My reason? Platinum Plus reports a credit line; signature cards, by nature, do not which is a utilization killer if carrying high balances.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 2 of 14
colindidit
Established Contributor

even though you were downgrading did they pull a CR?

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 14
daveg38
Established Contributor

Nope.  Wasn't necessary because I wasn't attempting to improve cards - was downgrading.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 4 of 14
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

I upgraded from the plat to the siggy without them running my credit.

How high is your limit?  I had a 15K limit on my plat....... If you need to increase your limit to get above 5K it will be a hp.  If you are just PCing the card they should not need to run your credit.

My siggy showed on my credit report for 5 months, and then drop off Experian randomly.  I PC out of the siggy to make sure the limit reports.  In my opinion their are better cash reward cards on the mark that will be certain to report limits. 

Message 5 of 14
CreditSnob

I went from a cash rewards world MC to a platinum privileges card. No HP.
Message 6 of 14
dodgeball
Established Contributor

I just did a product change no HP. was very quick and easy over the phone

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 7 of 14
colindidit
Established Contributor

its only 1.5k but when i pay it off i'm gonna wait a few months and request a CLI and a PC...i want to earn rewards on my purchases...I need to get a co branded card over a 2k limit so i look more appealing to creditors...this low limit stuff is killing me.

Message 8 of 14
colindidit
Established Contributor

I'm currently on the chat with them to see if they can.

edit: they switched me to the 123 cash rewards card

Message 9 of 14
CreditSnob

Nice! Congrats. Didn't know that they could PC over chat. And it looks like you got the rewards card you wanted .
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.