Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had good luck with care credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone had good luck with care credit?

I recently purchased my eyeglasses with my carecredit for 12 month no interest. I've hear a few things about them but not too much. Anyone with good or bad stories from the company? I would greatly appericate it!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
DaisyAdair
Valued Member

Re: Anyone had good luck with care credit?

Care Credit is a vehicle backed by Synchrony Bank. The 0% interest is great, and I've used the iOS mobile app to pay; it's simple and reliable. This is my only experience with Synchrony,  but I'm sure others will chime in. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 25
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Synchrony Financial owns Care Credit...

One of the major banks that issue store cards...

If you request a CLI with Care Credit it is ALWAYS a HARD PULL.... unlike some of Sync's other cards..

-J

Message 3 of 25
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently purchased my eyeglasses with my carecredit for 12 month no interest. I've hear a few things about them but not too much. Anyone with good or bad stories from the company? I would greatly appericate it!

1. The 0% interest promos are good but I don't usually use them because carrying balances makes me uncomfortable.

2. Their regular interest rate is super high.

3. They are generous with CLI's but as joltdude said, it's a hard pull.

4. They recently expanded to be usable at Rite Aid stores.

All in all, I like having it on hand but I'm wary of relying on it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 25
CMoore515
New Contributor

I app'd for one to take my dog to the vet last November. Have since used it to purchase eyeglasses for myself and my mother. Works great. The 0% interest is awesome. 

They gave me an Auto-CLI a couple months ago, too. Went from $2k to $3k. 

Website really needs improved, but as others said the mobile app is good for paying.

Overall great card.

Filed BK7 10/2019
Discharged 1/2020
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CMoore515 wrote:

I app'd for one to take my dog to the vet last November. Have since used it to purchase eyeglasses for myself and my mother. Works great. The 0% interest is awesome. 

They gave me an Auto-CLI a couple months ago, too. Went from $2k to $3k. 

Website really needs improved, but as others said the mobile app is good for paying.

Overall great card.

The reason I applied for the card was for veternarian emergency for my dog too! I just couldnt pass up on the 12 month no interest when I was purchasing my glasses. I had the money in my wallet lol $300 but I just didn't want to part with all $300 that day so now that money is placed in a safety box and I will withdraw $50 each month to pay off my care credit within 6 months Smiley Happy I was approved for 7.7k which is more than enough for any vet bill I should ever incure! I will download the mobile app then. Thanks for the advice!

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, I HATE care credit. A series of account screw ups led to me getting a 30+ day missed payment on an account I co-signed on. The primary account holder setup automatic payments since she was going to be out of the country (unavailable by phone). Long story short, the payment didnt go through, it didnt even trigger for withdrawal. Needless to say they call me the following month, say the payment is 30+. I paid the ENTIRE remaining balance as a good faith. They ended up still reporting it. Refused to drop the 30+ late payment mark. Refused to admit that it was caused by their system failing to take the automatic payment. 

/rant - Its in the past, ill accept that I should have checked the account. But its a **bleep**hole company. 

*edit* guess I should mention this was on a CareCredit loan. Not a CC. But ill never touch the company again.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've used it mostly for vet bills.

Also dentistry/ortho.

Never any issues.

HP CLI OCT 15 from $6,000 to $8000.

Won't try any more until probably OCT 17.

Message 8 of 25
tussking
Established Contributor

Care Credit is FANTASTIC ! I app'd was approved for 4k knowing I needed it for some dentist/ortho stuff in a few months. Wound up needing emergency oral surgery for an infection. Nothing like $1600 at 0% interest for 12 months ! $150 a month and this is paid off in 11 months and I am building a great history with SYNCH.

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 9 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Very positive experiences here as well... I got my Care Credit account last August in anticipation of getting a dental implant, and a month later I broke a tooth and had to get a full crown... it was very nice being able to stretch that unexpected $900 over 24 months instead of having to dip into savings.

When I went to get my implant a few months later I used it again, but this time the only extended pay offer available was 12 months (still better than using savings).  I'm not sure if that was because I already had a 24 month plan active, or if my provider simply chose not to offer it, but in any case I was (and am) still very pleased with them.

I'll also mention here to everyone who currently has Care Credit to be sure to put some activity on it at least once a year.  This time last year there were more than a few threads where people were having their Care Credit cards closed due to no usage.  Note that if you're carrying a balance that making a payment is "usage", and that if you don't have any major dental/medical/vet bills coming up you can make a small purchase at Rite Aid to generate activity.  (The card is accepted at Rite Aid brick-and-mortar locations, but unfortunately not for online purchases).

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.