cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had success with Chase lately combining cards and PC?

tag
timber
Regular Contributor

Anyone had success with Chase lately combining cards and PC?

Was wondering if anyone has been successful at combining Chase cards and maintaining combined CL and/or getting a PC?

I know I must be crazy even asking such nonsense with the current unpredictability of Chase (a.k.a. Cybil).

I ask because I have 2 former WaMu visa accounts, one converted to Chase PerfectCard ($7K) and the other to a Chase Freedom ($3K), and I'd really like to combine them for $10K and PC to a Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa. I'm probably asking for trouble with my recent mini app spree acquiring $40K in new accounts, and I must mention that the $7K Chase PerfectCard got an $8K CLD back in 8/2009... it was $15K when it converted from WaMu. I also wonder if they might be less likely to mess with a card that you pay an annual fee on ($59 for the SW RR Visa Signature)?

At this point, I'm pretty much ready to throw care to the wind, since if they further CLD or close them I have plenty of plenty of coverage with my new lines.

Thanks for any input. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone had success with Chase lately combining cards and PC?

I applied for and received a Chase Slate about 6 weeks ago.  A week after I got the card and realized Chase Freedom offered the blueprint along with the rewards that Slate didn't offered, I called and did a PC to the Freedom.  They did it with no questions.
***From ashy to classy***
Message 2 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

It seems that the Chase issued credit cards are treated differently that the credit cards inherited from WaMu. Many members have reported being told that their previously WaMu cards are not eligible for product change at this time.
Message 3 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I did a product change on 2 accounts back in June 2009.  They didn't have a problem with that but wouldn't combine them since each of them is a Visa and a Mastercard.  Apparently they will only merge like products V + V or MC + MC.  Seems chase doesn't offer many MC products at this time either.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a WaMu card and wish I had PC'd earlier this year when the gettin' was good. I just tried recently (3x's) and was advised cannot product change - would need to apply for a new Chase product. WaMu cards are still shown as WaMu within the Chase system.
Message 5 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a WaMu card and wish I had PC'd earlier this year when the gettin' was good. I just tried recently (3x's) and was advised cannot product change - would need to apply for a new Chase product. WaMu cards are still shown as WaMu within the Chase system.

Yeah, me too! My accounts are WaMu inside (and they have never sent me new plastic), the report as Chase and the softs come from FirstUSA. Card's not too stigmatized is it. Sooner or later they'll relent. I just hope it is in this lifetime...
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Started with the WAMU card, then PC'd to the Chase Perfect card.  I just recently PC'd to the Freedom after the RJ (I know! the freedom 1% is not as good as the Perfect 2% and I don't get it automaticaly every month).  However, I was able to get the rate down to 12.24% from the RJ'd 23.24%.  To be honest, I'm done with Chase.  Discover, Blue Cash and my new CU Visas will get it done for me. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.