cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had their Alliant Credit Union Instant Approval Offers mysteriously disappear from system?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone had their Alliant Credit Union Instant Approval Offers mysteriously disappear from system?

When I signed up for Alliant 3-24-09, I got the "can't verify identity" error.  So I checked and found out that my EQ file was locked.  I unlocked it and re-app'ed for the share account.

Got instant offers of $10k Visa and Auto 4.69 and other stuff.  But I checked I ACCEPT on the Visa and Auto.

Today, Alliant can't find my Visa or Auto approvals, requests, app or anything else in the system.  I'm waiting for a LO to call me back to see what they can figure out....but it looks like I will have to reapply with LO and won't get the preapproved offers.

Anyone else ever had this happen?  I wonder if my initial identity error had something to do with it.....my SS# in system twice or something?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone had their Alliant Credit Union Instant Approval Offers mysteriously disappear from system

I had a problem with my identity. One of the questions i got wrong was where was my SSN number issued.

I was born in germany on a military base .. So i had no idea where it was actually issued . But Got the question right on the second guess.

But that being said  my pre approvals didnt disappear.   The credit card they offered is showing as open on my account page . Still waiting for the card though . They finally got my sig card today . Express mailed it thurs. Not sure what took so long there! 

Sorry to hear your having bad luck with them Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone had their Alliant Credit Union Instant Approval Offers mysteriously disappear from system

I'm just wondering if me not calling in prior to making a second attempt at the whole sign up/app thing somehow messed up the pass through of offers back to Alliant.

I didn't miss any questions, they just couldn't pull an EQ first try.

I'm going to call them before close of business just to see if they have anything new to tell me, other than we'll check it out and get back to you.

Watch 'em want to pull all my CR's now Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

*pulls up lawn chair, pops a cold one, and reaches for the popcorn*

Good luck on your latest adventure! I'd say you're right; it's somehow tied in with the initial EQ problem.

My money's on you, not them, btw. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to "Nick" this morning who said he would research and get back to me.  This afternoon at 4:30pm I called just to get an update.  "John" said Nick is still investigating and will get back to me tomorrow.  Evidently they are trying to locate my EQ file without a new pull.  I told them that I had the hard inquiry show up, so I know they got it....otherwise I doubt the system would have generated the instant approvals and confirmed identity.

So, tomorrow hopefully holds good news that they found my file and offers and no new pull....otherwise I am 2 for 2.  PenFed pulled me twice all ready....that EQ locked file really did me a number Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yeah, this is definitely the stinky side of freezing your reports (even when you don't mean to).

Again, though, I'm thinking that you'll wear them down. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:  Nick finally got back with me this morning.  I had to go through a manual loan review....the online offers not to be found.  But, they did have the EQ file, so they did not pull it again.

He approved the Visa $10k (did ask me to fax paystubs) and auto at 4.35% new or 4.60% used/refi.

Thanks for the positive vibes Smiley Happy 

To quote my father (growing up), I'll appreciate it more because of the effort it required Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 04-01-2009 10:09 AM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.