cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had their Cap1 QS grow while socked?

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone had their Cap1 QS grow while socked?

@Anonymous wrote:
Just apply for a Venture. That's a Visa signature only AFAIK

True, the regular venture is. For Cap 1 you don't see Signature or World Mastercards until your card hits $5K. With the minium approval at $5K for Venture it's a signature. Just make sure you don't app for the Venture One. Their lowest approval is $3K and will be a regular Visa. Then you have to wait until it's over $5K and try to convert it. As KDM said is a major pain (converted mine to a WMC). The only reason I did it is because this was my first real card ($3K) out of BR and was excited I got my first $5K card. I have yet to use a benefit of the WMC, but it was a sense of accomplishment in my credit rebuild. 

With that said, unless you'll truly use the benefits, worry about getting the VS or WMC when you're ready to app for a new card. I would also suggest against opening a new account just for the insignia. I'd suggest opening a new account for a VS or WMC if you're really wanting/and will use the card.

Personal:

Business:

Message 11 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes, applying for a card solely because of visa sig is completely unnecessary
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anything, apply for the bonus, paltry as it may be.
Message 13 of 21
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It should go without saying (astonishing this even needs to be pointed out), if one is going to app anyway, get the highest bonus possible.  Even if you can't meet spend, you lose nothing by having a bonus attached, in case you do meet it.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It should go without saying (astonishing this even needs to be pointed out), if one is going to app anyway, get the highest bonus possible.  Even if you can't meet spend, you lose nothing by having a bonus attached, in case you do meet it.

Oh no most definetly. Im not chasing a sig. I want to take advantage of the upcoming offers when they are released. I so far ive only apped to cards whens special offers start. 

Hopefully next year CSP will drop the spend limit back down again. 

But i got my eye on the venture too. 

We will see which offer appears first.

Message 15 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Venture and CSP are very different animals. The former is just a generic 2 percent card with restricted redemption. CSP at least has the potential of high value redemptions. Id rather have 40k UR points than 40k venture "miles".

I doubt Chase will ever lower the spend requirement on the CSP. It was raised ostensibly as one of several measures to ensure people who are applying actually want the card long term and have the spend to back it up. If the spend requirement seems too high you likely wont be ale to justify the card anyway.
Message 16 of 21
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My no-fee Venture (Not One) has remained static since I got it besides a small combination I did on it. It's linked to my Paypal for the occasional chinabay guilty pleasure.

No fee Venture? 

Did you get it to waive it for good?

I'm puzzled...

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

But the word Signature under the word Visa looks really cool.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

But the word Signature under the word Visa looks really cool.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes waived for good.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.