cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone has BOTH Sapphire and Sapphire Preferred cards?

tag
USC

Anyone has BOTH Sapphire and Sapphire Preferred cards?

Since my income status has changed, I pulled the trigger for Sapphire (NOT preferred) last Friday (12/21/12) and got an instant approval online. As I'm reading more and more on Sapphire Preferred, I'm getting greedy to get this one as well. Yes, I plan to keep on BOTH cards for the rewards and benefits.

1. First, does anyone here have both cards? What's your take on this?

2. Applying for 2 cards in 3 day spans would kill my credit scores? Not to mention, I might get turn down on the second card or Sappire Preffered since I'm applying for 2 cards within a few days, not alone in 12 months period with CHASE. Am I being a plain stupid for doing this?

3. I just pulled all 3 scores after the approval of Sapphire:

- Equifax (775 - FICO) with 1 hard pull inquire by Chase and my score never changed

- TransUnion (777 - FICO) with NO indication of hard pull (NO score change)

- Experian (783 - FICO Plus / FAKO) with NO hard pull (No score change)

4. Would you recommend other Signature VISA with a similar benefit instead of Sapphire Preferred since I have a regular Sapphire already?

*** Why doesn't TU and EX show the hard pull with Chase? I'm not complaining but this prompted me to be a little more brave to apply for Sapphire Preferred. At the same time, I'm very concerned about infamous automatic rejections of 2 hard pulls within 12 months with CHASE ***

I'd greatly appreciate anyone's insights on this.

THE CURRENT STATS:

1 WellsFargo Rewards VISA: $5,300

1 WellsFargo Rewards VISA: $7,000

1 American Express Gold Rewards: $12,000 (self check for speding limit approval on the site)

1 Chase Sapphire Signature VISA: $10,000 (per online status - the card is on the way in rushed order)

Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
nishant1
New Contributor

Re: Anyone has BOTH Sapphire and Sapphire Preferred cards?

You cannot have Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa and Chase Sapphire visa- Both visa.

However, you can have Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa and Chase Sapphire Mastercard.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.