USC

Anyone has BOTH Sapphire and Sapphire Preferred cards?

[ Edited ]

Since my income status has changed, I pulled the trigger for Sapphire (NOT preferred) last Friday (12/21/12) and got an instant approval online. As I'm reading more and more on Sapphire Preferred, I'm getting greedy to get this one as well. Yes, I plan to keep on BOTH cards for the rewards and benefits.

1. First, does anyone here have both cards? What's your take on this?

2. Applying for 2 cards in 3 day spans would kill my credit scores? Not to mention, I might get turn down on the second card or Sappire Preffered since I'm applying for 2 cards within a few days, not alone in 12 months period with CHASE. Am I being a plain stupid for doing this?

3. I just pulled all 3 scores after the approval of Sapphire:

- Equifax (775 - FICO) with 1 hard pull inquire by Chase and my score never changed

- TransUnion (777 - FICO) with NO indication of hard pull (NO score change)

- Experian (783 - FICO Plus / FAKO) with NO hard pull (No score change)

4. Would you recommend other Signature VISA with a similar benefit instead of Sapphire Preferred since I have a regular Sapphire already?

*** Why doesn't TU and EX show the hard pull with Chase? I'm not complaining but this prompted me to be a little more brave to apply for Sapphire Preferred. At the same time, I'm very concerned about infamous automatic rejections of 2 hard pulls within 12 months with CHASE ***

I'd greatly appreciate anyone's insights on this.

THE CURRENT STATS:

1 WellsFargo Rewards VISA: $5,300

1 WellsFargo Rewards VISA: $7,000

1 American Express Gold Rewards: $12,000 (self check for speding limit approval on the site)

1 Chase Sapphire Signature VISA: $10,000 (per online status - the card is on the way in rushed order)

Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas!

New Contributor
nishant1

Re: Anyone has BOTH Sapphire and Sapphire Preferred cards?

You cannot have Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa and Chase Sapphire visa- Both visa.

However, you can have Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa and Chase Sapphire Mastercard.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+