Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have BOA Balance Rewards Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have BOA Balance Rewards Card?

This card looks interesting to me. An easy way to get $120 a year. If I read it right... you get $25 a quarter (plus $5 if you have a Checking or Savings) as long as you pay more than the min due. If you don't owe anything you must use your card once every month during the quarter to get the cash. So if u get this card and set up a monthly bill, pay in full each month, you should end up with $120 every year free money.

Am I understanding this right? Thx
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Anyone have BOA Balance Rewards Card?

@Anonymous wrote:
This card looks interesting to me. An easy way to get $120 a year. If I read it right... you get $25 a quarter (plus $5 if you have a Checking or Savings) as long as you pay more than the min due. If you don't owe anything you must use your card once every month during the quarter to get the cash. So if u get this card and set up a monthly bill, pay in full each month, you should end up with $120 every year free money.

Am I understanding this right? Thx

<begin unhelpful mode>

Pretty sure no-one has this card as there have never been any threads on it.

<end unhelpful mode>

Search for BBR here, very popular card and works the way you suggest.  Some people have more than one

ETA: I should add I am one of the few who are less than excited by this card.  "Free money" with a small amount of work, but we are talking 30c or so a day.  Outside of cc forums, I don't think people really get excited about relatively small amounts of money

Message 2 of 20
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Quite a few people have it. I put my reoccurring $30 a month charge on it and get my $120 a year. Nothing fancy. Easy money. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 20
Bman70
Established Contributor

Yes I have it, they have lots of balance transfer specials they send. I carried one for a year, and the payments met the bonus requirement. About to rinse and repeat. Smiley Happy 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 4 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Bman70 wrote:

Yes I have it, they have lots of balance transfer specials they send. I carried one for a year, and the payments met the bonus requirement. About to rinse and repeat. Smiley Happy 

Same here... when I called in to activate the card I was transferred to a CSR, and he offered me 15 months at 0% (versus the advertised 12 months) so I took the offer... I'm paying enough to have it PIF well before the promo ends, and I've been getting my quarterly $25 like clockwork.

Depending on the 'weather' when my promo is up I am considering doing a 'rinse and repeat' as well.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx for the replies. Just to make sure I can PIF and as long as I make a small purchase each month... I get the $25 (or $30)

Thx again. I may App for this
Message 6 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Peteyglad wrote:

Quite a few people have it. I put my reoccurring $30 a month charge on it and get my $120 a year. Nothing fancy. Easy money. 

Just to reiterate my reluctance to be impressed by this card.   A little thought experiement:

You come home to your SO/family/pet//room mate etc

"I have some GREAT news!!!"

"What?"

"I can now get almost 33c a day EVERY DAY for doing almost nothing!!!!!"

And I would guess that a sincere "Wow that's amazing" reaction would be pretty rare.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

Just to reiterate my reluctance to be impressed by this card.   A little thought experiement:

"What?"

And I would guess that a sincere "Wow that's amazing" reaction would be pretty rare.

What if you got 10 BBRs though? $1k+ free a year for 5 minutes per month? Down.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

70% cash back Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 20
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

"What?"

Think of it this way. You pay with a 2% card and make $.60 a month or $7.20 a year doing the same amount of work. Would you rather be paid $120 or $7.20 for doing the same thing? Is it life altering? Of course not, but every little bit helps. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.