Established Contributor
valley_man0505

Anyone have Best Buy store card AND MC at same time?

I have a BB MC, but the limit is only $500.  I am thinking of buying a TV for around $800.  I have the cash for it, but I am trying to save as much cash as possible for a downpayment on a new car and I see BB has an 18 month no-interest special now, so I was thinking of trying to finance it.  Will they let me have a BB store card if I already have the MC?  I believe the no-interest special is only good for the store card and I can not get a CLI on the MC until it is 12 months old (it is no longer 6 months, apparently--I talked to a CSR and it is an auto-denial if you request a CLI before 12 months).
Established Contributor
Breakthecycle2

Re: Anyone have Best Buy store card AND MC at same time?

I would also like to know this answer.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Woolfman

Re: Anyone have Best Buy store card AND MC at same time?

Yep me and the DW got approved for both the bb store card ($750) and the best buy mc (551???? why $551) all at the same time back in november right after we closed on our house. But i believe both are the subprime versions (or how ever you want to term them ) and will not ever be eligible for a CLI :smileysad:

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+