cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have Best Buy store card AND MC at same time?

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Anyone have Best Buy store card AND MC at same time?

I have a BB MC, but the limit is only $500.  I am thinking of buying a TV for around $800.  I have the cash for it, but I am trying to save as much cash as possible for a downpayment on a new car and I see BB has an 18 month no-interest special now, so I was thinking of trying to finance it.  Will they let me have a BB store card if I already have the MC?  I believe the no-interest special is only good for the store card and I can not get a CLI on the MC until it is 12 months old (it is no longer 6 months, apparently--I talked to a CSR and it is an auto-denial if you request a CLI before 12 months).
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone have Best Buy store card AND MC at same time?

I would also like to know this answer.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone have Best Buy store card AND MC at same time?

Yep me and the DW got approved for both the bb store card ($750) and the best buy mc (551???? why $551) all at the same time back in november right after we closed on our house. But i believe both are the subprime versions (or how ever you want to term them ) and will not ever be eligible for a CLI Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.