cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have CSP, Freedom, AND Slate?

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone have CSP, Freedom, AND Slate?

While I can understand some of the verbiage, young, was a little harsh, the main idea was something for you (and all people, really) to consider. I know that it's something that I took to heart as well. When playing the credit game, it's easy to pyramid debt transferring from one card to the next to the next, constantly living in a way that is above your means. Eveyone views debt differently. Try not to take it too harshly and realize that everyone is flawed and while the comments offended you, the posters wouldn't be posting and be present on this forum if they weren't here to better themselves and also to help better any member of the community reading their wisdom that they've lived through before. While you are taking it from the personal aspect, they are viewing it objectively most of your posts are about new cards, 0% promos, and the "best cards" to have -- so that is why I believe a lot of the comments were made.

Know that I mean no harm in this post, young, it's simply that I hope this helps you. If you feel as if you need no help, that's OK and I totally understand one could feel that way. Personally, I just believe we all can always better ourselves and I constantly try to see ways for self improvement. With that said, good luck and I hope that you take no ill will from this. 

-kenny

Message 21 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

@parakleet- interesting- thanks for the datapoint :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Would your rhetoric warrant otherwise? Lol

It was just a question... No need to make crazy assumptions is my point.

Don't be so hateful! Yall are mean!
That cat is funny as heck though! Bahahaha

I don't think anyone is being hateful.  Some folks are more direct than others IMO... I know I'm pretty straightforward with things.  I can't speak for all but if you perceive it that way that's one thing but then again we're in an opinion forum at best...so you know lots of folks are gonna chime in.

I think most people may have read your post as you'll "eventually" plan on getting a Slate.  It's hard to deny that mostly anyone who's witnessed your credit journey (like all other folks) have also seen some actions that lenders have taken on you.  Some had legitimate concerns if something were to happen... key word being *if* ...and some wondered probably why you want another BT card.  My post was just lighthearted humor on the whole BT thing.

Now, we all know you love your credit and you're naturally curious about the latest and greatest credit bling.  And yes, at the end of the day it is your credit and you can do whatever you desire with it...good or bad.

And yes, that's my favorite cat from Puss in Boots!  Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I thought it was from Puss in Boots! Haha
I've only been posting here a year, and my credit journey began in 2006-2007.
Somehow I really don't feel the demeanor was "joking"
but alas, we are bound by this forum's digital nature- which again limits total insight into my ultimately very personal finances.

But thanks.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 24 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@KennyS2006 wrote:

While I can understand some of the verbiage, young, was a little harsh, the main idea was something for you (and all people, really) to consider. I know that it's something that I took to heart as well. When playing the credit game, it's easy to pyramid debt transferring from one card to the next to the next, constantly living in a way that is above your means. Eveyone views debt differently. Try not to take it too harshly and realize that everyone is flawed and while the comments offended you, the posters wouldn't be posting and be present on this forum if they weren't here to better themselves and also to help better any member of the community reading their wisdom that they've lived through before. While you are taking it from the personal aspect, they are viewing it objectively most of your posts are about new cards, 0% promos, and the "best cards" to have -- so that is why I believe a lot of the comments were made.

Know that I mean no harm in this post, young, it's simply that I hope this helps you. If you feel as if you need no help, that's OK and I totally understand one could feel that way. Personally, I just believe we all can always better ourselves and I constantly try to see ways for self improvement. With that said, good luck and I hope that you take no ill will from this. 

-kenny

Seeee... Kenny wasn't mean or hateful Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Is there even a sign up bonus for Slate?
Message 26 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

Well, it looks like my post made you extremely upset and sensitive. No idea why really. Only reasons I even bothered posting are:

1. Sooner or later you are going to have more adverse action headed your way. You obviously didn't learn from previous AAs, and it doesn't look like you plan to learn either. I don't see how you can recover from Amex's FR either, especially if ryanbush's comments about you fudging your income to include your parents' income solely because you live with them, is true. Food for thought.

2. Maxing out card(s) and bouncing balances between them repeatedly is OVEREXTENDED. There's no sugarcoating it. Even a high school kid will tell you the same. And if ryanbush's comments are accurate, then you are a lot more extended than you seem to be as well.

3. I sometimes just wish you would just get the point into your head and rather than to spread fud about how bad citi / Barclays are. They took AA against you for legitimate reasons. Plain and simple. I understand you are upset, especially about citi, but if you didn't put yourself in that position, it wouldn't have happened either.

Etc......I'm gonna leave this as is now, simply because the more I post (about you), the more upset you are going to be, based on your previous reactions. There's no need to respond to my post, and I probably won't reply to yours either as well, just so this doesn't turn ugly.

Best of luck.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 27 of 40
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Unpopular opinion warning:

I think all this stuff about "caring" about others on this community and others is somewhat overstated.   You know very little about people posting here, and have no idea how much is true.  So yes, be supportive etc, but don't confuse that with real-world support, any more than being part of the Amex family is a substitute for a real family,  For all we know, youngandcreditworthy is a 65 year female agent of the Chinese government's hacker army, trying to cause Americans to get into poor credit habits.

Mmm, come to think of it...

Message 28 of 40
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks longtimelurker. I've asked the mods to shut this down as this has turned into a personal attack I feel.
As such, it is unwarranted.
I asked a simple question, which was posted in the title.
Thanks for those who provided insight, whether supportive or otherwise.
Message 29 of 40
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Unpopular opinion warning:

I think all this stuff about "caring" about others on this community and others is somewhat overstated.   You know very little about people posting here, and have no idea how much is true.  So yes, be supportive etc, but don't confuse that with real-world support, any more than being part of the Amex family is a substitute for a real family,  For all we know, youngandcreditworthy is a 65 year female agent of the Chinese government's hacker army, trying to cause Americans to get into poor credit habits.

Mmm, come to think of it...

+1

At times, these forums feel as though I am watching Mean Girls.  Despite how "online" a persona may appear, some are just waiting for an opportunity to solicit criticism. Then again, maybe its nothing like Mean Girls, and all about theorizing and espionage.

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.