Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have Citi MC and Citi AmEx?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have Citi MC and Citi AmEx?

Folks,

I have the Citi American Airlines Mastercard with a base CL of $12,000. I keep getting offers from Citi to apply for their AmEx card also. Well, I finally gave in 2 days ago and applied. The page came back telling  me they would have an answer within 30 days.

Do they pull a whole new inquiry even though they just pulled one to raise my CL on my MC? I figured they knew my story as I have the MC.

So now I don't even know if I have been approved or what??? Any ideas? Should I call them or is it too early?

It's not like I need the car for anything, would just be nice to know!

Jonny
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have Citi MC and Citi AmEx?

Probably. More than likely it is two different departments. Heck for me Hooters pulled my EX three times, once for the original app and twice more for the recons... that blows my mind since they knew what was on the report to begin with, I was just trying to clarify so they would give me a chance. Bastiges.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have Citi MC and Citi AmEx?

Well, they approved me for $3000 which is how my MC started. Hopefully they will knock it up to $12,000 like they did my MC after 6-12 months.

Nice to finally be rid of all the stupid cards I have and start using real cards.

Jonny
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.