cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have Data points for Premier America CU??

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone have Data points for Premier America CU??

@jc2 wrote:

Thank you!

Do you know if they are ok with BK still reporting and what minimum score threshhold is?

You're very welcome -- always glad to be able to help!  On the other question about BK still reporting, very sorry but unfortunately I am not really sure about that  Good luck & all wishes if you decide to app though!

Message 11 of 30
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

galahad15, given the limits on the cards in your signature, 2K looks to be really low. What were the limits like on your other cards when you first applied?

Also, how good is the online site for managing your card? When you make payments, do they post quickly and is your available credit restored promptly? How available is customer service? Is it 24/7 or something short of that?

At the time I applied, my limits on my other cards were somewhat lower than they are now (I don't think that back then I had any 20k CLs for example?).  They had actually asked me in an open-ended manner when I applied what limit I would like, so at the time, just in case they were overly-conservative or strict on their UW criteria, I had asked for 2k which they granted.  If I had to do it over again, I guess I probably would have asked them for at least a 4k SL instead of 2k?

I am pleased with the site, it is pretty intuitive and user-friendly, and payments do indeed post very quickly IME.  As far as I am best aware, their customer service is 24/7.  For making payments, I usually pay by making an external transfer from my direct deposit CU, which typically takes 2-3 days to process, although once the funds are transferred and you make a payment, the payment is arranged instantly.  CL are restored very quickly once payment is made, based on my experience with them so far.

Message 12 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good info Smiley Happy Thanks G15Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I work for Premeir America CU.  The Premier Privileges Rewards Mastercard earns 1.5 points per net dollar spent and can be redeemed for cash back via account credits (translates to 1.5% cash back rate), or for gift cards, travel, merchandise, etc.  Right now, a promotion is running for summer holiday-related merchant category codes (travel, restaurants, shopping and entertaintment) to earn 3 points per dollar (promotion will end Aug 31).  New accounts get 10,000 bonus points when spending $500 in the first 90 days after account opening.  We are about to eliminate our $4.95 fee for reward redemptions, and are lowering our minimum cash back redemption from $100 to $25, both changes having been prompted by feedback from this forum (waiting on our vendor to do these two things - hopefully any day now).  There is no balance transfer fee when moving balances from another lender (a form for transfering the balance is available on our webiste at premieramerica.com - see Forms link at the very bottom of the homepage), and there is a 0% introductory rate for the first 6 months after account opening.  No points are awarded for balances transferred.   The rate is fixed (won't change) and can be anywhere from 7.5% (going up to 7.75% on Aug 29) to 17.25%, depending on creditworthiness at time of approval.  Let me know if any other questions

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Premier America serves many groups and geographic areas (primarily all of Los Angeles and Ventura Counties in California).  For potential members outside those areas, we also serve any member of the Alliance for the Arts, where there is a $25 one-time fee to join (we can collect it from an applicant for a credit card and send it directly to the Alliance on your behalf).

Message 15 of 30
jc2
Regular Contributor

Thank you!

Do you know what the score threshold requirement is to qualify for loan products? also, any info re if BK is still on report?

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Min FICO for current rates (just increased 25bps this week, applicable to new accounts only) are:

730+           7.75%

700-729      9.25%

680-699    10.75%

650-679    14.25%

<650         17.25%

FICOs below 650 will likely need a cosigner.  Past BK is not a factor in and of itself, as any delinquency prior to the BK is already incorporated in the score.  And it's actually illegal to decline to lend based solely on the fact that there has been a BK.

Message 17 of 30
jc2
Regular Contributor

Great info and much appreciated!!

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jc2 wrote:

Great info and much appreciated!!

So.....are you going to apply?

Message 19 of 30
jc2
Regular Contributor

Yes. in about 4 weeks when my lower util has reported. I will post data points

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.