cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have PNC Bank Visa Signature Card ?

tag
smalldede
Valued Member

Anyone have PNC Bank Visa Signature Card ?

I would like anyone have the PNC VISA Signature card ?( I like they don't charge any oversea transaction fee, I need to go to Canada every month)
Hard to get ? How's credit limit ? Are they TU pull only ?

BTW anyone know other credit card don't charge oversea transaction fee for today, please recommenedSmiley Happy

thank you for all information.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have PNC Bank Visa Signature Card ?

PNC is extremely conservative. Capital One has no foreign transaction fees on some of their better cards. 
Message 2 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

+1
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

PNC is a strange one. I've had my paycheck direct deposited into a checking account with them for the last 2 years, but was denied for one of their credit cards (applied online) because of my zipcode (according to the letter they sent they do not service my area Smiley Surprised). Long story, but even though my employer is still iin Pittsburgh, I no longer live in the area. Anyway, as far as I can tell, they didn't even do a soft on me before denying. It was a head scratcher that was for sure.

Message 4 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

I have a National City Visa card which was the first CC I got after DMP.  They were taken over by PNC but I havent seen any change yet.  National City pulled TU and their credit monitoring system is based on TC.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 8
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Yes, I carry the Signature Card. I had the rewards card and received a upgrade invitation for the Signature. They transferred the number to a new card , and received it within 4 days of acceptance. Their was no pull due to it being an upgrade. They are going to waive the annual fee for the first year. After that if you don't spend $20K within a year you are charged $75.

The card still reports the Limit (if you will,) to all of three . The revolving line of credit is 25K . Their website is weird because under available credit it only shows this: -------- However your balance is shown. I asked them about that and they said since their is no pre set limit , that's how they do it, but obviously there is a limit. They kept the Apr the same as the rewards card I had at 5.24%
Message 6 of 8
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@smalldede wrote:

I would like anyone have the PNC VISA Signature card ?( I like they don't charge any oversea transaction fee, I need to go to Canada every month)
Hard to get ? How's credit limit ? Are they TU pull only ?

BTW anyone know other credit card don't charge oversea transaction fee for today, please recommenedSmiley Happy

thank you for all information.

Hello,

My take on PNC, but YMMV

1. Fico >720
  2. Low DTI ratio
  3. No new accounts or inquiries in the last 6 months (or better 1yr)
  4. Extremely conservative (compare to Suntrust or Penfed)
  5. Low starting CL (compare to US Bank or Discover)
  6. They usually pull TU, and soft a second bureau
  7. More skiddish than AMEX

Again, YMMV.

Message Edited by ocheosa on 05-25-2009 11:26 AM
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

marty56 wrote:
I have a National City Visa card which was the first CC I got after DMP.  They were taken over by PNC but I havent seen any change yet.  National City pulled TU and their credit monitoring system is based on TC.

+1. No changes.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.