Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have Perkstreet Debit Card?

tag
Ryry1
Established Member

Anyone have Perkstreet Debit Card?

I am thinking about switching my old Debit card to this? I never heard of this PerkStreet Platinum Debit MasterCard where you get 1-2 % Cashback.

Thoughts?

http://www.perkstreet.com/index4.aspx?PerkStreetCode=73100000

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Ryry1
Established Member

Re: Anyone have Perkstreet Debit Card?

I assume most of you never heard of it.

Message 2 of 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Why are you talking about debit card in a credit card forum? You should know that federal law does not offer the same protection credit card has to debit card. If someone made fradulent charges on your debit card you must report it within two days or you are on your own. With credit card, you have 30 days to do so.

Keep in mind that it only offers cashback on signature based purchase, meaning any typical debit card transaction that needs PIN number does not count. Most retailers automatically select PIN based purcahase instead.

Message 3 of 9
Ryry1
Established Member

I know about the federal law and so forth. I was asking if anyone heard of this Perkstreet (run by Bancorp) as its Platuim Master Card.I figure this was a CC+DC combo.

Message 4 of 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I got this before I had any real credit cards. But I got my first real card a few days after getting it so it never got used. It is worthless in my opinion. The old reward structure was awful (the ninety days of 2% cashback is what enticed me) and so is the new one. The power perks (5%) are usually worthless to meAlso now if you redeem for cash it takes $22 to get $20. I would suggest the Fidelity Investment Rewards American Express card. 2% back on everything.

Their banking is also not that great. You do get free cheques which is great and they will mail you deposit slips and let you ship your cheque next day for deposit. However the site, to me, is just really bare. They also have a limit on how much you can transfer out of your account, $500 a month. Unsurpisingly this limit does not exist for pulling money into the account. The one cool thing is that they let you load funds from a card(Visa or Mastercard) at any time. They charge a 2.5% fee but it is good to liquidate giftcards with small amounts left.

There is also a fee of $4.50 if you do not have at least one transaction in the account a month.

Message 5 of 9
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Credit cards FTW!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Ryry1 wrote:

I know about the federal law and so forth. I was asking if anyone heard of this Perkstreet (run by Bancorp) as its Platuim Master Card.I figure this was a CC+DC combo.

Nope. It is just a debit card. Not worth your attention.

Message 7 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

@Ryry1 wrote:

I am thinking about switching my old Debit card to this? I never heard of this PerkStreet Platinum Debit MasterCard where you get 1-2 % Cashback.

Thoughts?

http://www.perkstreet.com/index4.aspx?PerkStreetCode=73100000

Just curious, with that link and the perkstreetcode, do you get some kind of kickback for people signing up?

Message 8 of 9
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

LOL!  Good catch.  That's why he's really asking, to get referral bonuses.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.