Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have TD bank secured?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have TD bank secured?

Have several recent INQ because I wanted to bunch these rebuilding cards together and let them age as a group until my bad stuff drops off. I didn't know if they were reasonable with approving applicants (not sure I said that right) to not waste an INQ.

Anything one may know would be appreciated, even if it's just advice.

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have TD bank secured?

I never had this one, but I would think as long as you don't have a negative relationship with TD and you are not recently out of BK, you should be fine. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it on 10/2014 with absolutely no credit history (just moved in the USA).

ps. They graduated it to unsecured CC about month ago.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Have several recent INQ because I wanted to bunch these rebuilding cards together and let them age as a group until my bad stuff drops off. I didn't know if they were reasonable with approving applicants (not sure I said that right) to not waste an INQ.

Anything one may know would be appreciated, even if it's just advice.

Thanks

Complicated process but:

You apply in branch...

then they mail you a letter telling you declined or approved.....

If approved you have so many days to fund the account AND......the letter tells you your maximum limit.  So for example if they approve you for 2000, you can deposit anywhere from 500 to 2000 and that is your CL.  The card becomes eligble to be unsecured at 7 months and reviewed month to month after.  They are basically preapproving you up to the limit they'd be willing to give you an unsecured line later down the road.  When you unsecure, they send you a letter.  About two weeks later you get your money back and you use the same card it just isn't secured any longer.  It's the TD Easy Rewards.  If you unsecure before a year you get the prorated amount of the AF credited back to your card.  

Message 4 of 6
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

What are the reasons TD would decline a secured card?
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you done a Google search? You can also call CS or visit a branch to get information. Especially, since you have to apply at a branch. Best of luck!!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.