Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a State Farm Credit Card?

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Anyone have a State Farm Credit Card?

Hi Everyone

Just wondering, does anyone have a State Farm card? I got a prequal for one - there is no 0% intro - but it is 0.9% which is not too bad, then the ongoing interest is (in my case) 10.49%, which is a pretty decent rate. All of our insurances are with them and the rewards could help out there too - any thoughts? Thanks All Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have a State Farm Credit Card?

I was approved for this a few weeks ago; cold app'd and was approved for 3k. I applied for rewards on insurance, and there was a BT offer on it as well.

I was approved with a 674 TU; they pulled EQ for me last year. Overall, State Farm Bank seems to be a relatively conservative lender to get in with

Message 2 of 4
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

I have had one for almost 2 years now...  Be warned, they are VERY conservative!!  My average CL when I apped was $25K, but State Farm approved me for a $2K CL, they automatically raised the CL to $4K after a year.  The 3X rewards points on State Farm premiums is a fairly good deal, if you bill your premium payments to the card.  They also offer bonus point opportunities a couple times a year.

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 3 of 4
KnowMoreGrowMore
Regular Contributor

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

Hi Everyone

Just wondering, does anyone have a State Farm card? I got a prequal for one - there is no 0% intro - but it is 0.9% which is not too bad, then the ongoing interest is (in my case) 10.49%, which is a pretty decent rate. All of our insurances are with them and the rewards could help out there too - any thoughts? Thanks All Smiley Wink

Keep hearing how conservative SF can be, but daughter got prequal for same offer, but 1.90% intro (18 mos), then 10.49% and $0 fee for BT. Apped and approved! SL $3K. She wanted BT offer. Stats: only one cc: Cap1 Journey Visa ($1K sl, now $2K; student card). For last 6mos util 85%. Used to PIF. Now, pays it down, then runs it up. Lol! Never late and makes several paymts throughtout the month. Also, AU on my sd SGVisa w/$3.5K cl.

Not sure how SF chooses, but she's in! She does have 3 deferred student loans, still a student (less than $7k); car loan (bal now less than $1k, was $6K); all reporting good, no lates, never any baddies!  

TU 660; CK & Cap1 Crdt Wise scores. No FICO info. Go figure! and she's a college kid; earning less than $15k/yr.

She's on our SF auto policy. Funny how she got the offer and not us! Lol!

FICO 08 TU: 722 EX: 724 EQ: 728 May 2018
INQs: TU:1 EX:0 EQ:1
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.