Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have a card with these banks?

tag
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Anyone have a card with these banks?

Umpqua Bank (Visa), State Farm Bank (Visa) Prudential (Visa), Soverign Bank (Visa) DCU (Visa) Fidelity (Visa) If so, what are your experiences?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone have a card with these banks?

I have State Farm Platinum Rewards Visa.  Pretty straight forward card, but your rewards are going to be at 1% unless you charge State Farm products to your card.  You also need to open a State Farm account to have the rewards credited to it.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 6
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I have the Sovereign Bank Visa and it does not see much use these days. You have to get 25000 points to be able to get a full 1%. I do not have the Fidelity Visa, but have the Fidelity American Express card and it is a great card for 2% on everything. I have never run into a situation where it was not accepted if it would give me the highest rewards. In my opinion it is better than the Visa.

Both of these cards are issued by FIA, a subsidiary of Bank of America. Their customer service is wonderful and very polite. I do not get how their customer service differs so much when it is the same company. Anyway I have had good experiences with both cards, and never had a problem with anything. Reward redemption is easy, and they send convenience cheques all the time for people who use those kinds of things. I was able to get a credit limit increase on the Sovereign Bank Visa at about eight or nine months. Since they are issued by the same company, if you get both you may not get a limit you want since they will split what they are comfortable giving you between the two cards. If you already have a card with FIA/Bank of America, they may have to move some of the limit from that card.

Message 3 of 6
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

i have the DCU visa platinum. i was approved for 7500 at 11.99%. i live in MA so i had to drive to one of their branches to show paystubs, last 6 statement and 2 ids.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jsickz32 wrote:

i have the DCU visa platinum. i was approved for 7500 at 11.99%. i live in MA so i had to drive to one of their branches to show paystubs, last 6 statement and 2 ids.

Heh, I just had to prove income via paystubs on all of my interactions with DCU (in CA), but I had a membership from more than a decade ago through my then employer.  Oh and some supporting documents when I claimed that something on my credit report was now changed but not reflected in the pull they made.

That said, all my products (Visa / auto loan) are secured so...

        
Message 5 of 6
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

Heh, I just had to prove income via paystubs on all of my interactions with DCU (in CA), but I had a membership from more than a decade ago through my then employer.  Oh and some supporting documents when I claimed that something on my credit report was now changed but not reflected in the pull they made.

That said, all my products (Visa / auto loan) are secured so...

if i didnt prove all those things my CL was gonna be 2000. if i wanted the full 7500 i was approved for they needed all that....it was worth the extra 5500....

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.